Fwd: afch licensing question

Steven Walling-3
Forwarding, with permission.

For background the "AFC  Helper" script is one that assists English
Wikipedians reviewing pages in the Articles for Creation queue, which
currently is severely backlogged.

Any thoughts on the licensing issue, from folks with experience on the
question of gadget/userscript licensing?

Re: Fwd: afch licensing question

Denny Vrandečić
CC-BY-SA/GFDL is in the same spirit as GPL, which is an obviously
acceptable license for WMF (since MediaWiki is written in it).

Can you explain the need to relicense it under MIT?

2013/9/26 Steven Walling <[hidden email]>

> Forwarding, with permission.
>
> For background the "AFC  Helper" script is one that assists English
> Wikipedians reviewing pages in the Articles for Creation queue, which
> currently is severely backlogged.
>
> Any thoughts on the licensing issue, from folks with experience on the
> question of gadget/userscript licensing?

Project director Wikidata
Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de