Fwd: [mozilla-wikimedia-discuss] Firefox Quantum is in Beta

Fwd: [mozilla-wikimedia-discuss] Firefox Quantum is in Beta

Gilles Dubuc

Re: Fwd: [mozilla-wikimedia-discuss] Firefox Quantum is in Beta

Magnus Manske-2
FWIW, I have tried FF 57 beta 3 for a day now, and I could see no
regressions. It's just ridiculously fast.

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 7:54 AM Gilles Dubuc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 2:54 AM, Gilles Dubuc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This year Mozilla has been working on our most significant release,
> possibly ever. Firefox Quantum is going into Beta today [1].

Are audio for Linux boxes without PulseAudio and many useful addons still
broken?

Re: Fwd: [mozilla-wikimedia-discuss] Firefox Quantum is in Beta

Legoktm
I've also been using Firefox 57 for a while now and I concur with
Magnus, it's just ridiculously fast.

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 5:18 AM, Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 2:54 AM, Gilles Dubuc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > This year Mozilla has been working on our most significant release,
> > possibly ever. Firefox Quantum is going into Beta today [1].
> >

> Are audio for Linux boxes without PulseAudio and many useful addons still
> broken?

No idea about the PulseAudio question, but for addons, I had ~5 legacy
addons that hadn't been ported. One of them I realized I never used
and uninstalled, and the other ones turned out to be mostly
unmaintained and I actually found much better addons with the
same/better functionality that I switched to. YMMV of course.

-- Legoktm

Re: Fwd: [mozilla-wikimedia-discuss] Firefox Quantum is in Beta

Mukunda Modell
The majority of addons are still broken and I'm fairly certain that isn't
going to change. Mozilla have permanently removed support for the old XUL &
XPCOM APIs. The new APIs do not cover all of the functionality available in
the old APIs.  I think that the best we can hope for is steady improvements
being made to the new APIs while remaining within much more limited
boundaries.

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 7:18 AM, Brad Jorsch (Anomie) <[hidden email]