Fwd: watch all pages ?

gaohu
  Hi, everyone

  Does anyone know how to watch all pages with email notification on
mediawiki 1.16?

My email function work correct with sendmail on CentOS 5.5.

  Thank you very much.

  :-)

Re: Fwd: watch all pages ?

Peter Velan
am 26.09.2010 07:14 schrieb gaohu:
>   Does anyone know how to watch all pages with email notification on
> mediawiki 1.16?

Set array "$wgUsersNotifiedOnAllChanges" in LocalSettings.php
appropriately, e.g. ...

$wgUsersNotifiedOnAllChanges = array( 'Wikisysop', 'User.X' );

HTH,
Peter

Re: watch all pages ?

gaohu
  But this should the admin to add user who want to to subscribe all
changes.
If I'am an normal user,  how can I watch all changes ?

On 2010-9-26 17:19, Peter Velan wrote:

> am 26.09.2010 07:14 schrieb gaohu:
>>    Does anyone know how to watch all pages with email notification on
>> mediawiki 1.16?
> Set array "$wgUsersNotifiedOnAllChanges" in LocalSettings.php
> appropriately, e.g. ...
>
> $wgUsersNotifiedOnAllChanges = array( 'Wikisysop', 'User.X' );
>
> HTH,
> Peter

Re: watch all pages ?

Angela-5
On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM, gaohu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  But this should the admin to add user who want to to subscribe all
> changes.
> If I'am an normal user,  how can I watch all changes ?

Having the wiki owner add you to $wgUsersNotifiedOnAllChanges is the
best way, but if that's not possible, you could use the RSS feed for
recent changes via an RSS-to-email gateway such as feedmyinbox.com.

Angela

Re: watch all pages ?

Hiram Clawson
Subscribe to the RSS feed for the recent changes page.
Thunderbird can manage an RSS feed.

--Hiram

Re: Fwd: watch all pages ?

Eric K-2
You can try this too:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Recent_Activity_Notify
- An email is sent only for a user who is anonymous or is a registered user younger than 4 hours.
- you can set a list of people to be emailed