GLAM contacts: anyone in touch with Vestry House Museum?

GLAM contacts: anyone in touch with Vestry House Museum?

David Gerard-2
http://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/vestry-house/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestry_House_Museum

I wandered in there on Sunday (dragged in by my 4yo daughter, who
wanted to look at the flowers in the Museum garden). It's got all
sortsa stuff, including the only surviving Bremer car (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Bremer ).

Has anyone been in touch with them as yet about getting their stuff
better documented on Wikimedia? If not, are there any guides as to how
a suitable local patsy (e.g. me ... I suppose I could try to rope in
Arkady or Tony Sidaway) should best approach a tiny museum, what we
offer them, etc?

- d.

Re: GLAM contacts: anyone in touch with Vestry House Museum?

Fae-6
Hi,

There is a log of who's "handling" who at http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM-WIKI/Events where I suggest you add them as a prospect needing contact or your name against it as our contact point. The list is a bit out of date but we have to take care about confidentiality with contact details and not announcing anything not officially announced by the GLAM on an open wiki.

It looks likely that May or June this year will see the first formally organized UK GLAM Workshop and networking session for GLAM Ambassadors (and Ambassador prospectives). After that we would hope they could be organized for every 2 months. If you would like to get things going at the Vestry House Museum, then please go ahead and make first contact as an e-volunteer offering to help with their presence on Wikipedia. I would be happy to chat about it with you virtually (drop a note on my talk page or direct email) or meet up at the next London wiki-meet (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetup/London - date not set yet) to talk it through.

PS I'm on the GLAM Steering Committee which itself is in start-up mode...

http://enwp.org/user_talk:fae