GSOC 2019 Project Summary

Richa
Respected Sir/Madam,
                Im Richa Shah from V.V.P Engineering College,Rajkot. I’m studying Computer Engineering in 6th Semester. I had Knowledge about C,C++,JAVA,PHP,JavaScript,CSS,HTML...
I would like to contribute in project of wikimedia of “Update count without reload the page”.

I’ll give my maximum hours in working for this project. I had also participated in India Hackathon 2018. I had good coding skills so that i can use my skills in this project so that it is usefull for the users.

Re: GSOC 2019 Project Summary

Srishti Sethi
Hello Richa,

Thanks for your interest in applying to the Google Summer of Code program
with Wikimedia. If you are just getting started with the process, then I
will encourage you to consider applying next year as the deadline for
submitting a proposal is due in ~24 hours. And, the application process
requires not only submitting a proposal but following a series of steps for
which you have very less time:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/Participants#Application_process_steps
.

If you would like to contribute to Wikimedia projects outside GSoC, you
still can do, we have quite a few projects for new developers:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/New_Developers.

Best,
Srishti
*Srishti Sethi*
Developer Advocate

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 9:02 AM Richa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Respected Sir/Madam,
>                 Im Richa Shah from V.V.P Engineering College,Rajkot. I’m
> studying Computer Engineering in 6th Semester. I had Knowledge about
> C,C++,JAVA,PHP,JavaScript,CSS,HTML...
> I would like to contribute in project of wikimedia of “Update count
> without reload the page”.
>
> I’ll give my maximum hours in working for this project. I had also
> participated in India Hackathon 2018. I had good coding skills so that i
> can use my skills in this project so that it is usefull for the users.

Re: GSOC 2019 Project Summary

Houcemeddine A. Turki
Dear all,
I thank you for your efforts. I am Houcemeddine Turki from Tunisia. I am a medical student. But, I work on projects related to Biomedical Informatics, NLP and Scientometrics. I have several skills of HTML, Pascal and Python. I will be honoured to contribute to GSoC 2019 if possible.
Yours Sincerely,
Houcemeddine Turki (he/him)
Medical Student, Faculty of Medicine of Sfax, University of Sfax, Tunisia
Undergraduate Researcher, UR12SP36
GLAM and Education Coordinator, Wikimedia TN User Group
Member, WikiResearch Tunisia
Member, Wiki Project Med
Member, WikiIndaba Steering Committee
Member, Wikimedia and Library User Group Steering Committee
Co-Founder, WikiLingua Maghreb
Founder, TunSci
____________________
+21629499418

Im Richa Shah from V.V.P Engineering College,Rajkot. I’m studying Computer Engineering in 6th Semester. I had Knowledge about C,C++,JAVA,PHP,JavaScript,CSS,HTML...
I would like to contribute in project of wikimedia of “Update count without reload the page”.

I’ll give my maximum hours in working for this project. I had also participated in India Hackathon 2018. I had good coding skills so that i can use my skills in this project so that it is usefull for the users.

Re: GSOC 2019 Project Summary

Rosalie Perside
Hello Dine,

I am assuming you have seen Srishti reply to Richa as it applies in your
case as well. The time left to prepare a good proposal for this round is
very small and you may consider preparing for next round instead. In that
case, I suggest you join the Africa Wikimedia Developer program. There you
will have a lot of other motivated volunteers who contribute code to
Wikimedia projects around Africa and later if eligible apply for outreach
programs in Wikimedia.
Check it out :
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Africa_Wikimedia_Developers_Project
For environment setting up, check this:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Tutorial

Rosalie

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 6:50 PM Houcemeddine A. Turki <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I thank you for your efforts. I am Houcemeddine Turki from Tunisia. I am a
> medical student. But, I work on projects related to Biomedical Informatics,
> NLP and Scientometrics. I have several skills of HTML, Pascal and Python. I
> will be honoured to contribute to GSoC 2019 if possible.
> Yours Sincerely,
> Houcemeddine Turki (he/him)
> Medical Student, Faculty of Medicine of Sfax, University of Sfax, Tunisia
> Undergraduate Researcher, UR12SP36
> GLAM and Education Coordinator, Wikimedia TN User Group
> Member, WikiResearch Tunisia
> Member, Wiki Project Med
> Member, WikiIndaba Steering Committee
> Member, Wikimedia and Library User Group Steering Committee
> Co-Founder, WikiLingua Maghreb
> Founder, TunSci
> +21629499418

Dear Ms.,
I thank you for your answer. I am already a member of Africa Wikimedia Developers Project. I contacted Mr. Felix Nartey and Mr. Alangi Derick about creating a user group for Wikimedia Developers in Tunisia. However, we could not do that because we lacked time. As I said in the previous email, I am a medical student and I just code for fun. I have several skills of HTML, Pascal and Python. But, I am not a computer scientist. I am as well interested since 2009 in contributing to Wikipedia, Wikimedia Incubator and Wikimedia Commons... I do not contribute to Mediawiki... As I saw, all contributors to Africa Wikimedia Developers Project work on Mediawiki. However, I work on enriching Wikidata using Python. My project is to use PubMed to enrich Wikidata with Biomedical information. If there are members of Africa Wikimedia Developers Project who like to join my project and support me, I will be honoured to work with them.