Generic maintenance notice

Re: Generic maintenance notice

James Alexander-4
This change affects 100% of users logged in and logged out of all languages. While we clearly want to make sure they can understand it as much as possible I don't think it would even be close to an option to turn off the banners in any language.

James

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Philippe Beaudette, 25/04/2012 23:04:

Because there is a total lack of documented processes to tell people how
to do this correctly.

«target only needed languages and absolutely don't show banners in languages different from the users'»
«the coder and most of all the implementing admin can be searched by the promoter with a simple request if needed.»
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CentralNotice/Usage_guidelines

Nemo

James Alexander
Manager, Merchandise