German->English translator needed for PediaPress help

German->English translator needed for PediaPress help

Erik Moeller-4
Hi,

we would appreciate some volunteer help, if available, in translating
the documentation for the new PDF export / book creation feature that
we've rolled out in the German Wikipedia, in all Wikibooks languages,
and in some Wikisources. Frank Schulenburg developed some
documentation for us in German, but it would be great to have a good
baseline translation.

The German documentation is here:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilfe:Buchfunktion

Please also see the "for experts" link.  The screenshots would need to
be localized. The version run on
http://en.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page can be hacked as needed to
make it look as it should.

Let me know if you want to help and I can provide further information.

Thanks,
Erik

--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: German->English translator needed for PediaPress help

Mark (Markie)
I have translated the basic landing page (DE:http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilfe:Buchfunktion to EN:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Markie/PPTrans) and also the experts page (DE: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilfe:Buchfunktion/f%C3%BCr_Experten to EN: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Markie/PPTrans/Expert).  these will both need proofreading and checking please.  the screen shots have also not yet been done and some of the categories used in the original document may need to be changed in the translation, as their translations may not match that used by the system.

if the FAQ page (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilfe:Buchfunktion/Fragen_und_Antworten) needs to be translated then this will take longer to do if it is needed.

thanks in advance, and apologies for any mistakes :p

[...]

Nick Guskov
Dear Mark,
Your letter was sent to me instead of Eric.

Kind Regards,
Nick Guskov
EN>RU Freelance Translator
Tel.: +73847433791
Fax: +73847433791
Time Zone: GMT+7

Re: German->English translator needed for PediaPress help

Mark (Markie)
it was cc-ed to the translators list with the aim of getting people to check/proofread what had already been done, this is why you received the message as well.

regards

mark

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 3:12 AM, Nick Guskov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Mark,
Your letter was sent to me instead of Eric.

Kind Regards,
Nick Guskov
EN>RU Freelance Translator
Tel.: +73847433791
Fax: +73847433791
Time Zone: GMT+7

Re: German->English translator needed for PediaPress help

Erik Moeller-4
Markie, a belated big _thank you_ for helping with this. :-)

I note that the pages have now been moved here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Book_tool/Help/Books
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Book_tool/Help/Books/for_experts
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Book_tool/Help/Books/Frequently_Asked_Questions

Any help with localizing the screenshots from
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilfe:Buchfunktion

is still appreciated!

All the best,
Erik