Get payed $150 for writing an article!

Ev. Jorgen.
http://www.freelancer.com/projects/Copywriting/Wikipedia-Experience-Write-Needed.html

Someone should send him some discouraging words. I don't have time to figure
that website myself right now.

I have to admit to being very tempted... but, integrity prevailed.

Re: Get payed $150 for writing an article!

Phil Nash-3
Ev. Jorgen. wrote:
> http://www.freelancer.com/projects/Copywriting/Wikipedia-Experience-Write-Needed.html
>
> Someone should send him some discouraging words. I don't have time to
> figure that website myself right now.
>
> I have to admit to being very tempted... but, integrity prevailed.

I can see why they are looking for a writer:

"We are after an experience writer to re-write a biography and set-up the
Wiki page for us. Please provide us with links to Wiki page you have a
written."

I could do with the cash, but I'd insist on writing the article to WP
standards rather than theirs, and I think integrity can be preserved in
these circumstances; however, that might determine whether you get the job
in the first place.

Re: Get payed $150 for writing an article!

Fred Bauder-2
> http://www.freelancer.com/projects/Copywriting/Wikipedia-Experience-Write-Needed.html
>
> Someone should send him some discouraging words. I don't have time to
> figure
> that website myself right now.
>
> I have to admit to being very tempted... but, integrity prevailed.

I've been following the site for some time now. And have bid on jobs.
However, if you tell them you will follow Wikipedia policies they don't
hire you, for some reason.

Fred

Re: Get payed $150 for writing an article!

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 3:06 AM, Fred Bauder <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> http://www.freelancer.com/projects/Copywriting/Wikipedia-Experience-Write-Needed.html
>>
>> Someone should send him some discouraging words. I don't have time to
>> figure
>> that website myself right now.
>>
>> I have to admit to being very tempted... but, integrity prevailed.
>
> I've been following the site for some time now. And have bid on jobs.
> However, if you tell them you will follow Wikipedia policies they don't
> hire you, for some reason.
>
> Fred

Just out of interest, have you followed the pages the contracts would
have been on, to see if there were any takers?

Re: Get payed $150 for writing an article!

petr skupa
Seems to be surprisingly common practice there...:

http://www.freelancer.com/search/wikipedia/

Petr [[u:Reo_On]]

On 9/16/11, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 3:06 AM, Fred Bauder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> http://www.freelancer.com/projects/Copywriting/Wikipedia-Experience-Write-Needed.html
>>>
>>> Someone should send him some discouraging words. I don't have time to
>>> figure
>>> that website myself right now.
>>>
>>> I have to admit to being very tempted... but, integrity prevailed.
>>
>> I've been following the site for some time now. And have bid on jobs.
>> However, if you tell them you will follow Wikipedia policies they don't
>> hire you, for some reason.
>>
>> Fred
>>

> Just out of interest, have you followed the pages the contracts would
> have been on, to see if there were any takers?

> Jussi-Ville Heiskanen, ~ [[User:Cimon Avaro]]

Re: Get payed $150 for writing an article!

WereSpielChequers-2
That's an interesting bunch of posts. I've pre-emptively salted one where
the company name was in the posting.

They weren't all trying to commission spam though. Some of them are for
using Wikipedia, including a mirror for mobile apps, others for creating
Wikipedia like stuff including one chap who seems to want a wiki.

Might be worth keeping an eye on in case more of them let slip their
identities.

WSC