Getting and using an edittoken

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Getting and using an edittoken

Bugzilla from jh@333.org
Hi.

I've been trying for a while to get an edittoken and use it to submit edits
to a test wiki running on my own machine (medaiwiki 1.11 from SVN, newer
than the Wikipedia.org at time of writing)

If I try to get a token for the WP main page thus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&prop=info&titles=Main%20Page&intoken=edit

The response I get is this (reformatted for clarity):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<api>
  <query>
    <pages>
      <page pageid="11105676" ns="0" title="Main Page"
            touched="2007-08-25T12:09:35Z" lastrevid="153530626" counter="0"
            length="4726" />
    </pages>
  </query>
</api>

I can't see any edittoken In the XML that is returned - is it just that this
hasn't been implemented yet, or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks,
--
Jim


_______________________________________________
Mediawiki-api mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-api
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting and using an edittoken

Bryan Tong Minh
On 8/25/07, Jim Higson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I can't see any edittoken In the XML that is returned - is it just that this
> hasn't been implemented yet, or am I doing something wrong?
>
It's not implemented yet. See other recent threads in this mailing list.

Bryan

_______________________________________________
Mediawiki-api mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-api
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting and using an edittoken

Platonides
In reply to this post by Bugzilla from jh@333.org
Jim Higson wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've been trying for a while to get an edittoken and use it to submit edits
> to a test wiki running on my own machine (medaiwiki 1.11 from SVN, newer
> than the Wikipedia.org at time of writing)
>
> If I try to get a token for the WP main page thus:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&prop=info&titles=Main%20Page&intoken=edit
>
> The response I get is this (reformatted for clarity):
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <api>
>   <query>
>     <pages>
>       <page pageid="11105676" ns="0" title="Main Page"
>             touched="2007-08-25T12:09:35Z" lastrevid="153530626" counter="0"
>             length="4726" />
>     </pages>
>   </query>
> </api>
>
> I can't see any edittoken In the XML that is returned - is it just that this
> hasn't been implemented yet, or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Many thanks,

It worked. But yesterday there were problems [1] on upgrading and
several revisions were reverted, included this. Brion said that we
should wait a day or two to have it again :-)

PS: I see it's now fixed.

1-
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical/33346

_______________________________________________
Mediawiki-api mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-api
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Getting and using an edittoken

Bugzilla from jh@333.org
Platonides wrote:
> I wrote:
>> If I try to get a token for the WP main page thus:
>>
>>
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&prop=info&titles=Main%20Page&intoken=edit

>>
>> The response I get is this (reformatted for clarity):
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>> <api>
>>   <query>
>>     <pages>
>>       <page pageid="11105676" ns="0" title="Main Page"
>>             touched="2007-08-25T12:09:35Z" lastrevid="153530626"
>>             counter="0" length="4726" />
>>     </pages>
>>   </query>
>> </api>
>>
>> I can't see any edittoken In the XML that is returned - is it just that
>> this hasn't been implemented yet, or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>
> It worked. But yesterday there were problems [1] on upgrading and
> several revisions were reverted, included this. Brion said that we
> should wait a day or two to have it again :-)
>
> PS: I see it's now fixed.

So it is! Or, at least I get a value in the XML called "edittoken" - I'll
have to try to get it to do something meaningful.

> 1-
>
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical/33346

Thanks for the link,
--
Jim



_______________________________________________
Mediawiki-api mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-api