Getting parsed pages without edit links

Simon Lehmann
Hello list,

I am currently developing a graphical browser for exploring and searching Wikipedia (or any MediaWiki based wiki for that matter). Now I am wondering if it is somehow possible to get the parsed content of an article without edit links at section headings (or whereever they might show up).

I have searched the API documentation and found nothing so far.

Regards,

Simon Lehmann

Re: Getting parsed pages without edit links

Platonides
Simon Lehmann wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am currently developing a graphical browser for exploring and searching Wikipedia (or any MediaWiki based wiki for that matter). Now I am wondering if it is somehow possible to get the parsed content of an article without edit links at section headings (or whereever they might show up).
> I have searched the API documentation and found nothing so far.
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon Lehmann

No, but you could use .editsection {display: none } to hide it.

Platonides wrote:

> Simon Lehmann wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I am currently developing a graphical browser for exploring and
> searching Wikipedia (or any MediaWiki based wiki for that matter). Now I am
> wondering if it is somehow possible to get the parsed content of an article
> without edit links at section headings (or whereever they might show up).
> > I have searched the API documentation and found nothing so far.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Simon Lehmann
>
> No, but you could use .editsection {display: none } to hide it.

Ok, I have already thought that it might not be possible. But thanks anyway,
for now I will do it as you have suggested.

Re: Getting parsed pages without edit links

Bryan Tong Minh
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Simon Lehmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I am currently developing a graphical browser for exploring and searching Wikipedia (or any MediaWiki based wiki for that matter). Now I am wondering if it is somehow possible to get the parsed content of an article without edit links at section headings (or whereever they might show up).
>
> I have searched the API documentation and found nothing so far.
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon Lehmann

Try adding __NOEDITSECTION__ and transclusion:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=parse&text=__NOEDITSECTION__%10{{:New%20York}}&title=New%20York>

It may now work properly with stuff that uses <noinclude>/<includeonly>.

Bryan

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 20:46 +0200 Bryan Tong Minh wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Simon Lehmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I am currently developing a graphical browser for exploring and searching Wikipedia (or any MediaWiki based wiki for that matter). Now I am wondering if it is somehow possible to get the parsed content of an article without edit links at section headings (or whereever they might show up).
> >
> > I have searched the API documentation and found nothing so far.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Simon Lehmann
> >

> Try adding __NOEDITSECTION__ and transclusion:
>
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=parse&text=__NOEDITSECTION__%10{{:New%20York}}&title=New%20York>
>
> It may now work properly with stuff that uses <noinclude>/<includeonly>.
>
> Bryan

Thanks, that looks quite promising. I guess you meant that it may _not_
work properly with <noinclude> or <includeonly>. I will play a bit
around with it and see how good it works.

Simon

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:51 PM, Simon Lehmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 20:46 +0200 Bryan Tong Minh wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Simon Lehmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hello list,
>> >
>> > I am currently developing a graphical browser for exploring and searching Wikipedia (or any MediaWiki based wiki for that matter). Now I am wondering if it is somehow possible to get the parsed content of an article without edit links at section headings (or whereever they might show up).
>> >
>> > I have searched the API documentation and found nothing so far.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Simon Lehmann
>> >

>> Try adding __NOEDITSECTION__ and transclusion:
>>
>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=parse&text=__NOEDITSECTION__%10{{:New%20York}}&title=New%20York>
>>
>> It may now work properly with stuff that uses <noinclude>/<includeonly>.
>>
>> Bryan
>>

> Thanks, that looks quite promising. I guess you meant that it may _not_
> work properly with <noinclude> or <includeonly>. I will play a bit
> around with it and see how good it works.
>
> Simon

yes, "now" should have been "not"