Getting preloaded text on a page

Amruta Lonkar-2
I want to know how do i get  some preloaded content on all pages falling in
a customized namespace?. The text for this content will be obtained from the
database dynamically once the user clicks on the link for that page.

Thanks
Amruta

Main page

Marcelo Herondino Cardoso
Dear friends,

can I set a individual/specific main page for user ou groups?

Thanks,

Marcelo

Re: Main page

Rob Church
MediaWiki doesn't contain ACL or other similar features in its user
groupings, and it doesn't differentiate between groups like this. A
user can belong to multiple groups. So the short answer is no. You
might be able to hack it in, but I suspect you would encounter
interesting quirks if you did.

Rob Church

On 09/02/06, Marcelo Herondino Cardoso <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> can I set a individual/specific main page for user ou groups?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcelo

User management

Marcelo Herondino Cardoso
Thank you, Rob.

Another question: How can I manage user accounts? Can I do autenticate
from LDAP service, using e-mail accounts?

Thanks again.

Rob Church escreveu:

> MediaWiki doesn't contain ACL or other similar features in its user
> groupings, and it doesn't differentiate between groups like this. A
> user can belong to multiple groups. So the short answer is no. You
> might be able to hack it in, but I suspect you would encounter
> interesting quirks if you did.
>

> Rob Church

Re: User management

Rob Church
There are a number of authentication plugins available. Search the web
to find ones for LDAP and similar systems; there are a veritable
plethora out there.

Rob Church