Google AdSense on the right side of the screeen

Google AdSense on the right side of the screeen

Sabine Cretella
Hi, I already saw some wikis having it ... well I need it for one of my
wikis running on version 1.5.7

I would like to see the Google ads on the right side of the screen - I
only found the Google search box how-to ... but nothing for that
particular case.

Can someone help me? Maybe the code to be added with a description where
to add it is already there. (can be in English, German, Italian)

Thank you!!!!

Best, Sabine

Re: Google AdSense on the right side of the screeen

Robert Pfau
Quite simple =)
You have to edit your MonoBook.php

        <!-- end content --> << look for this string for orientation
<!-- CUSTOM -->
<!-- Google-Block -->

//Google-Code\\

<!-- /Google-Block -->
<!-- /CUSTOM -->

i cant recall which changes i made to the main.css
you better have a look at http://www.wikia.com/skins/monobook/main.css
it is all in there iirc

.robert

>Hi, I already saw some wikis having it ... well I need it for one of my
>wikis running on version 1.5.7
>
>I would like to see the Google ads on the right side of the screen - I
>only found the Google search box how-to ... but nothing for that
>particular case.
>
>Can someone help me? Maybe the code to be added with a description where
>to add it is already there. (can be in English, German, Italian)
>
>Thank you!!!!
>
>Best, Sabine

Re: Google AdSense on the right side of the screeen

Amit Vyas-2
That was all, if you need detailed steps see
http://www.how2setup.org/en/wiki/index.php?title=Google_AdSense_in_Wiki

On 4/2/06, Robert Pfau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Quite simple =)
> You have to edit your MonoBook.php
>
>         <!-- end content --> << look for this string for orientation
> <!-- CUSTOM -->
> <!-- Google-Block -->
>
> //Google-Code\\
>
> <!-- /Google-Block -->
> <!-- /CUSTOM -->
>
> i cant recall which changes i made to the main.css
> you better have a look at http://www.wikia.com/skins/monobook/main.css
> it is all in there iirc
>
> .robert
>
> >Hi, I already saw some wikis having it ... well I need it for one of my
> >wikis running on version 1.5.7
> >
> >I would like to see the Google ads on the right side of the screen - I
> >only found the Google search box how-to ... but nothing for that
> >particular case.
> >
> >Can someone help me? Maybe the code to be added with a description where
> >to add it is already there. (can be in English, German, Italian)
> >
> >Thank you!!!!
> >
> >Best, Sabine

Regards.
Amit Vyas
Site      : http://www.indiaonpix.com
Mission : http://www.indiaonpix.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Blog      : http://indiaonpix.blogspot.com
Project GridOne: http://discovery.bits-pilani.ac.in/gridone
+91-9314299252

Re: Google AdSense on the right side of the screeen

Sabine Cretella
Thank you Robert! I'll try to do this this evening :-)

Sabine

Robert Pfau schrieb:
> Quite simple =)
> You have to edit your MonoBook.php
>
>         <!-- end content --> << look for this string for orientation

Re: Google AdSense on the right side of the screeen

Sabine Cretella
Again thanks to Robert and Amit. I learnt a bit about CSS and some other
funny stuff :-)

I hope I can be of help for you sooner or later. (Please consider that I
mainly can help with languages and search for the right translator for
you - that is where I have my contacts - so if you need help there,
please contact me offlist).

Who wants to have a look at the results: http://wordsandmore.org

Best wishes,

Sabine