Google's crawlers

Mauro do Carmo-2
Hi all,

Someone knows about any program (crawler) which I could install in my PC/win XP
in order to get a look of whatsoever Google's crawlers are getting from my
website?

Thanks a lot, mauro.

Re: Google's crawlers

Graeme Worthy
If you read your webserver's logs, you anything that's identified by
the useragent 'googlebot' is a googlebot.
..

On 14-Feb-06, at 6:18 PM, Mauro do Carmo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Someone knows about any program (crawler) which I could install in
> my PC/win XP
> in order to get a look of whatsoever Google's crawlers are getting
> from my
> website?
>
> Thanks a lot, mauro.

Re: Google's crawlers

Sylvain Machefert
If you want to know which text google see, try the command-line browser
lynx, it's text-only and give the result of what google or a blind people
with vocal synthesis can "see".

Sylvain

2006/2/15, Mauro do Carmo <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
> Someone knows about any program (crawler) which I could install in my
> PC/win XP
> in order to get a look of whatsoever Google's crawlers are getting from my
> website?
>
> Thanks a lot, mauro.

Re: Google's crawlers

Cyron
Or use the text browser emulation of Opera 8.x

Cyron

iubito schrieb:

> If you want to know which text google see, try the command-line browser
> lynx, it's text-only and give the result of what google or a blind people
> with vocal synthesis can "see".
>
> Sylvain
>
> 2006/2/15, Mauro do Carmo <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Someone knows about any program (crawler) which I could install in my
>> PC/win XP
>> in order to get a look of whatsoever Google's crawlers are getting from my
>> website?
>>
>> Thanks a lot, mauro.

Re: Google's crawlers

=James Birkholz=
I forget the details, but can check if you ask. There is a way to log page
views to a table. I wrote some code to record details of the visit and
vistor, creating my own logs, which I can then use PHPmyAdmin to query the
log table.

At 06:18 PM 2/14/2006 -0800, Mauro do Carmo wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Someone knows about any program (crawler) which I could install in my
>PC/win XP
>in order to get a look of whatsoever Google's crawlers are getting from my
>website?
>
>Thanks a lot, mauro.

James Birkholz
administrator (Betreuer der), Posen-EN mailing list & website
http://www.Posen-L.com & http://www.birchy.com/GenWiki