Green Ink Day

James Farrar
It seems to be Green Ink Day on the list.

*sigh*

Re: Green Ink Day

orngjce223 .
Could you please explain?

On Apr 9, 2009 9:40am, James Farrar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It seems to be Green Ink Day on the list.

> *sigh*

Re: Green Ink Day

Jim Redmond

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_ink

--
Jim Redmond
[[User:Jredmond]]

Re: Green Ink Day

James Farrar

2009/4/9 <[hidden email]>

> Could you please explain?
>
> On Apr 9, 2009 9:40am, James Farrar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > It seems to be Green Ink Day on the list.
>

> > *sigh*

Re: Green Ink Day

James Farrar
Snap! :)

2009/4/9 Jim Redmond <[hidden email]>

> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 11:43, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Could you please explain?
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_ink
>
> --
> Jim Redmond
> [[User:Jredmond]]

Re: Green Ink Day

Biblio-2
Oddly enough the Wikipedia article makes even less sense than the original declaration.

bibliomaniac15

> On Apr 9, 2009 9:40am, James Farrar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > It seems to be Green Ink Day on the list.
>

> > *sigh*

Re: Green Ink Day

James Farrar
"it is common to refer to correspondence of any kind (including email and
webpages) as being in "green ink", so long as it broadly fits the following
identifying characteristics:

   - Stridency
   - Impertinence
   - Unreasonableness
   - Unrealism
   - Fancifulness
   - Obsessiveness"

2009/4/9 Scientia Potentia est <[hidden email]>

> Oddly enough the Wikipedia article makes even less sense than the original
> declaration.
>
> bibliomaniac15

Re: Green Ink Day (stick to Alan Cabal)

Bill Carter
Please ignore this Green Ink Day nonsense, and address the Alan Cabal article that has been expunged from Wikipedia's mainspace to its userspace for unjust reasons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article

Bill

________________________________
Oddly enough the Wikipedia article makes even less sense than the original declaration.

bibliomaniac15

> On Apr 9, 2009 9:40am, James Farrar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > It seems to be Green Ink Day on the list.
>

> > *sigh*

Re: Green Ink Day (stick to Alan Cabal)

Nathan Awrich
You should take your complaint on-wiki - discussions off-wiki seldom, if
ever, lead to on-wiki action. Even in those cases, the argument in favor of
a particular action needs to be made again on-wiki. I think you've already
seen that there isn't a huge volume of concern with this situation on this
list, so it seems unlikely you will get the relief you seek.

Nathan

Re: Green Ink Day (stick to Alan Cabal)

Andrew Gray-3
2009/4/9 Bill Carter <[hidden email]>:
> Please ignore this Green Ink Day nonsense, and address the Alan Cabal article that has been
> expunged from Wikipedia's mainspace to its userspace for unjust reasons:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article

For those wondering what's going on, this article has been through a
deletion discussion four times:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alan_Cabal
(March 08)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alan_Cabal_(2nd_nomination)
(January 09)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alan_Cabal_(3rd_nomination)
(March 09)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2009_March_30
(DRV, March 09)

I make no comment on the merits.

--
- Andrew Gray

Re: Green Ink Day (stick to Alan Cabal)

Bill Carter
NOTE: The deletion review was actually held on March 30th to April 4th or 5th. You made an error. Furthermore, it was speedy deleted. You CANNOT speedy delete an article with 40 fucking references. This is scandalous.

________________________________
> Please ignore this Green Ink Day nonsense, and address the Alan Cabal article that has been
> expunged from Wikipedia's mainspace to its userspace for unjust reasons:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article

For those wondering what's going on, this article has been through a
deletion discussion four times:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alan_Cabal
(March 08)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alan_Cabal_(2nd_nomination)
(January 09)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alan_Cabal_(3rd_nomination)
(March 09)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2009_March_30
(DRV, March 09)

I make no comment on the merits.

--
- Andrew Gray

Re: Green Ink Day (stick to Alan Cabal)

Sam Blacketer
On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 8:47 PM, Bill Carter <[hidden email]>wrote:

> NOTE: The deletion review was actually held on March 30th to April 4th or
> 5th. You made an error. Furthermore, it was speedy deleted. You CANNOT
> speedy delete an article with 40 fucking references. This is scandalous.

It is not really reasonable to say the article was speedily deleted. The
third AfD debate (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alan_Cabal_(3rd_nomination))
ran for the full time, and ended in a clear delete consensus.

The article was then created again, which made a clear case of speedy
deletion under criterion G4 (recreation of previously deleted material).
Only after this was noticed and the article deleted under G4 was the AfD
close taken to deletion review. During this debate the article history was
restored so that non-admins could see the article. A further full time
debate was held. There was no consensus to overturn the close, so when the
deletion review ended the history was again deleted.

Deletion debates do not always come to the right decision, but when they
don't, it is a mistake and not a scandal. The reason for the article being
nominated for deletion was lack of notability, and not lack of references.
The problem with the references is, I suspect, that too few of them are in
the sort of mainstream publications which would make a clear case of
notability.

--
Sam Blacketer

Re: Green Ink Day (stick to Alan Cabal)

James Farrar
Oh dear, did I hit a nerve?

2009/4/9 Bill Carter <[hidden email]>

> Please ignore this Green Ink Day nonsense, and address the Alan Cabal
> article that has been expunged from Wikipedia's mainspace to its userspace
> for unjust reasons:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article
>
> Bill
>

> ________________________________

WJhonson

In a message dated 4/9/2009 12:30:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[hidden email] writes:

Please  ignore this Green Ink Day nonsense, and address the Alan Cabal
article that  has been expunged from Wikipedia's mainspace to its userspace for
unjust  reasons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unloved_article>>

--------------------
I read through the comments at the AfD.  I also seperately looked for
something about Alan Cabal.  The comments at AfD were interesting.   I'd never
really thought about the issue of whether a trivial google search for
someone who is an actual journalist/writer would be top-heavy on their own
writings.

If a person is solely known through their own writings, or if other
mentions of them are trivial, I'd have to side with the deletors.  When I  look
for Barbara Walters, I find lots of references to her, not writen by  her.  It
does make sense that journalists/writers would have many  incidential
mentions, and lots of detailed mentions by them.  The problem  is finding
detailed mentions about them... but not by them.

That's the issue with Alan Cabel isn't it?
Has that issue been adequately addressed?
Keeping in mind that most websites cannot be used as [[WP:RS]] because
either they are personal sites masquerading as corporate sites, or they have
little to no editorial oversight.

Will Johnson

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make dinner for $10
or less. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)

Re: Green Ink Day (stick to Alan Cabal)

WJhonson
In a message dated 4/9/2009 2:05:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[hidden email] writes:

The  article was then created again, which made a clear case of speedy
deletion  under criterion G4 (recreation of previously deleted  material).>>
------------------
Provided the material is the same or "almost" the same.
Or is Bill stating that he re-wrote the article?  I'm not clear on  that
point.

Will Johnson

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make dinner for $10
or less. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)

Re: Green Ink Day (stick to Alan Cabal)

Daniel R. Tobias
On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 12:30:06 -0700 (PDT), Bill Carter wrote:

> Please ignore this Green Ink Day nonsense, and address the Alan
> Cabal article that has been expunged from Wikipedia's mainspace to
> its userspace for unjust reasons:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MichaelQSchmidt/sandbox_The_unlov
> ed_article

Wikipedia has too many Cabals already!  :-)

--
== Dan ==