(HTML) rendered articles via api

Samuel Lampa-3
Can I get articles rendered as HTML from the API, and if so, how?

I want to get something similar to what you get if you use the
action=render parameter on a normal MediaWiki url, like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page?action=render

I want to do this via the api though, because of the possibility to
automatically login. (I'm accessing a wiki which requires login).

Best Regards
// Samuel Lampa

Re: (HTML) rendered articles via api

Max Semenik

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Parsing_wikitext

--
Best regards,
  Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])

Re: (HTML) rendered articles via api

Victor Vasiliev
Samuel Lampa wrote:

> Can I get articles rendered as HTML from the API, and if so, how?
>
> I want to get something similar to what you get if you use the
> action=render parameter on a normal MediaWiki url, like:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page?action=render
>
> I want to do this via the api though, because of the possibility to
> automatically login. (I'm accessing a wiki which requires login).
>
> Best Regards
> // Samuel Lampa

Yes. Use
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=parse&page=Main_Page&prop=text
--vvv

Re: (HTML) rendered articles via api

Samuel Lampa-3
Thanks Victor and Max, exactly what I was looking for.
// Samuel