Hebrew Wikinews needs help with RSS

אביחי ש
It can't be done from the English server? Maybe you can put our "code" inside the English one.
Any advices will be welcome.

Avichai

Re: Hebrew Wikinews needs help with RSS

Dejan Čabrilo-2
On 1/8/06, אביחי ש <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It can't be done from the English server? Maybe you can put our "code"
> inside the English one.
> Any advices will be welcome.
>
> Avichai

It's not on the English server either, but a third party server. One
of the users allowed us to use his personal server for this. I'll talk
to him and see if we can extend the script, but I can't promise
anything.

Re: Hebrew Wikinews needs help with RSS

אביחי ש
Is there any progress about that? Can anyone come up with another idea? we really need this RSS feed.

thanks,
Avichai from the HebrewWikinews

On 1/8/06, Dejan Cabrilo <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 1/8/06, אביחי ש <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It can't be done from the English server? Maybe you can put our "code"
> inside the English one.
> Any advices will be welcome.
>
> Avichai

It's not on the English server either, but a third party server. One
of the users allowed us to use his personal server for this. I'll talk
to him and see if we can extend the script, but I can't promise
anything.

Re: Hebrew Wikinews needs help with RSS

Brian Wolff
Previously before the english wikinews used a script, a user (Dan100 if memory serves) manually updated, by hand, a rss feed through blogger. you could do that, but it sounds like a lot of work.

--
- bawolff
Caution: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of 85 million tons of TNT per net ounce of weight.

On 21/01/06, אביחי ש <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any progress about that? Can anyone come up with another idea? we really need this RSS feed.

thanks,
Avichai from the HebrewWikinews

On 1/8/06, Dejan Cabrilo <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 1/8/06, אביחי ש <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It can't be done from the English server? Maybe you can put our "code"
> inside the English one.
> Any advices will be welcome.
>
> Avichai

It's not on the English server either, but a third party server. One
of the users allowed us to use his personal server for this. I'll talk
to him and see if we can extend the script, but I can't promise
anything.

Re: Hebrew Wikinews needs help with RSS

Amgine
I've spoken with the person hosting the script, and he's willing to also
run it for he.wikinews. It's now a question of getting it implemented.

Amgine

אביחי ש wrote:

> Is there any progress about that? Can anyone come up with another
> idea? we really need this RSS feed.
>
> thanks,
> Avichai from the HebrewWikinews
>
> On 1/8/06, * Dejan Cabrilo* <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 1/8/06, אביחי ש <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>     > It can't be done from the English server? Maybe you can put our
>     "code"
>     > inside the English one.
>     > Any advices will be welcome.
>     >
>     > Avichai
>
>     It's not on the English server either, but a third party server. One
>     of the users allowed us to use his personal server for this. I'll talk
>     to him and see if we can extend the script, but I can't promise
>     anything.

Re: Hebrew Wikinews needs help with RSS

אביחי ש
If you would give me the english code maybe I (or someone else) would be able to make an Hebrew version from it. But if anyone here knows pearl it would be great.

Avichai

אביחי ש wrote:

> Is there any progress about that? Can anyone come up with another
> idea? we really need this RSS feed.
>
> thanks,
> Avichai from the HebrewWikinews
>
> On 1/8/06, * Dejan Cabrilo* <[hidden email]
> <mailto: [hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 1/8/06, אביחי ש <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>     > It can't be done from the English server? Maybe you can put our
>     "code"
>     > inside the English one.
>     > Any advices will be welcome.
>     >
>     > Avichai
>
>     It's not on the English server either, but a third party server. One
>     of the users allowed us to use his personal server for this. I'll talk
>     to him and see if we can extend the script, but I can't promise
>     anything.

Re: Hebrew Wikinews needs help with RSS

Dejan Čabrilo-2
It's all done. The feed is here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/hewikinews

Let me know if there are any problems with it. Currently, the script
fetches all the news from the recent news page. If you would like that
behaviour to change (though there is no reason, yet), let me know.

Enjoy and report all bugs to me :)
Dejan

On 1/22/06, אביחי ש <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you would give me the english code maybe I (or someone else) would be
> able to make an Hebrew version from it. But if anyone here knows pearl it
> would be great.
>
> Avichai
>

> On 1/22/06, Amgine <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I've spoken with the person hosting the script, and he's willing to also
> > run it for he.wikinews. It's now a question of getting it implemented.
> >
> > Amgine
> >

> > אביחי ש wrote:
> > > Is there any progress about that? Can anyone come up with another
> > > idea? we really need this RSS feed.
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > Avichai from the HebrewWikinews
> > >
> > > On 1/8/06, * Dejan Cabrilo* <[hidden email]
> > > <mailto: [hidden email]>> wrote:
> > >
> > >     On 1/8/06, אביחי ש <[hidden email]
> > >     <mailto: [hidden email]>> wrote:
> > >     > It can't be done from the English server? Maybe you can put our
> > >     "code"
> > >     > inside the English one.
> > >     > Any advices will be welcome.
> > >     >
> > >     > Avichai
> > >
> > >     It's not on the English server either, but a third party server. One
> > >     of the users allowed us to use his personal server for this. I'll
> talk
> > >     to him and see if we can extend the script, but I can't promise
> > >     anything.

Re: Hebrew Wikinews needs help with RSS

mrmiscellanious
I can edit the script if no one else is willing.  I know quite a bit
of PERL, but from the looks of it, all it would require is a change
from en.wikinews to he.wikinews (I believe all MediaWiki commands are
accepted in English, no matter the language).

-MrM