Help on downloading file

zezzy
Please can anyone help me with information on how I can download the file of coordinates of locations for photovoltaic power stations used in

Re: Help on downloading file

toolserver
On 03.01.2014 13:10, zezzy wrote:
> Please can anyone help me with information on how I can download the
> file of coordinates of locations for photovoltaic power stations used in
> https://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://toolserver.org/~para/cgi-bin/kmlexport%3Farticle%3DList_of_photovoltaic_power_stations%26usecache%3D1
> <https://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://toolserver.org/%7Epara/cgi-bin/kmlexport%3Farticle%3DList_of_photovoltaic_power_stations%26usecache%3D1>.
> I really need it urgently for a research work.

download the KML file using the URL you gave above:
http://toolserver.org/~para/cgi-bin/kmlexport?article=List_of_photovoltaic_power_stations

in the file the lines with "coordinates" are what you're looking for.
Use only lat/lon. I think the last number is height information
                        <coordinates>-113.49,32.9533333333333,0</coordinates>

you might also want to check OSM data. You can run queries using
overpass-turbo.eu

Stephan