Help spreading the word about our research

Help spreading the word about our research

Shani Evenstein
Dear WikiFriends,
I'm hoping you & yours are all well, safe and healthy in these
unprecedented times we have all found ourselves in.
I'm writing you today with my 'educator & researcher' hat on, with a
special request to help Piotr Konieczny & I spread the word about a new
global research we are conducting.
While using Wikimedia-related assignments (Wikipedia, Commons, WikiBooks,
WikiSource, Wikidata, Wiktionary etc) in the classroom has been used all
over the world for over a decade, very little research was conducted about
what instructors who have tried it actually think about the experience.
We are hoping that answering the questions in the survey will help us
better understand:

   - Whether this teaching approach is effective (or not)
   - What are some of the challenges experienced by instructors
   - How the process could be improved

The questions are meant for any instructors running a wiki assignment,
whether it is in k-12 or higher education, formal or informal educational
setting. We are hoping the results will allow us to globally share
experiences and learn from one another, so we can make it smoother, easier
and more effective for educators joining these efforts.
It is important to note that this would be the first time (that we know
of!) that an academic research of this type has been conducted around the
world, so we really need your help in spreading the word about it in your
local communities. We're hoping that any of you, supporting such
initiatives around the world over the years, would forward it to your local
Education contacts and ask them to participate. The more instructors
participating, the better.
We realize that it would have been great to have the questionnaire in a
variety of languages, but in order for us to process the data properly and
not via third-party translations and keep the anonymity and privacy of
participants, it was decided to release the survey just in English.
Here is a link to the survey - https://tinyurl.com/yd6dfata
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2Fyd6dfata%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR12dwPgKFf5XrPMoURJpbZnIkcKiapN_Iu8sBkhNAnA4AR9vViptbzr7-A&h=AT2cDcem0_zPMEx9gv3dF3TMTeWXicKankU2oma31sG7hRXtkM36tHXnR6yJi5oqzpwJATUiV582r7QWfSICEkX23K3jLpeudD1PoKgp6PRstJ_e1NJCF2i-6sxik5y-seUvIPrZgWQDZwDOEcxLkw>
.
Thank you all in advance, and of course, if there are any questions, Piotr
& I are here.
Stay healthy & safe!
Shani.

*Shani Evenstein Sigalov*

* Lecturer, Tel Aviv University.
* EdTech Innovation Strategist, NY/American Medical Program, Sackler School
of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.

* PhD Candidate, School of Education, Tel Aviv University.
* Azrieli Foundation Research Fellow.
* OER & Emerging Technologies Coordinator, UNESCO Chair
<https://education.tau.ac.il/node/3495> on Technology, Internationalization
and Education, School of Education, Tel Aviv University
<https://education.tau.ac.il/node/3495>.

* Member of the Board of Trustees
<https://wikimediafoundation.org/profile/shani-evenstein-sigalov/>, Wikimedia
Foundation <https://wikimediafoundation.org/>.
* Chairperson, The Hebrew Literature Digitization Society
<http://www.israelgives.org/amuta/580428621>.
* Chief Editor, Project Ben-Yehuda <http://benyehuda.org>.

+972-525640648

Re: Help spreading the word about our research

Shani Evenstein
Hello, everyone.

I'm hoping this email finds you & your families well during this continued
turbulent time.

Piotr and I are doing a final round of collecting responses for our *research
on **wiki assignments in all educational settings *-
k-12 / higher education; formal / informal education; Wikipedia / Wikidata
/ other wiki projects.

*We wanted this research to be international,* as we know there are EDUWiki
activities in many places in the world.
So far, we have lots of responses from the US & Canada, but comparatively,
very few from other places in the world.

So -- if you have been involved in EDUWiki assignments, or know others who
have been involved in that,
*please please make an effort to spread the word about this in your local
communities. *
This will be a final chance to participate in this important research. Here
is a link to the survey - https://tinyurl.com/yd6dfata
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2Fyd6dfata%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR12dwPgKFf5XrPMoURJpbZnIkcKiapN_Iu8sBkhNAnA4AR9vViptbzr7-A&h=AT2cDcem0_zPMEx9gv3dF3TMTeWXicKankU2oma31sG7hRXtkM36tHXnR6yJi5oqzpwJATUiV582r7QWfSICEkX23K3jLpeudD1PoKgp6PRstJ_e1NJCF2i-6sxik5y-seUvIPrZgWQDZwDOEcxLkw>

We do hope to have a better representation from other places in the world,
so the results are not so US-centric.

As always, I'm here if you have any questions.

Thank you all for your efforts, and stay safe!
[...]