Help translating 5 sentences about improving search mapping for other languages

Help translating 5 sentences about improving search mapping for other languages

Chris Koerner-2
Hello
The search team is wanting to improve how search works across Japanese
hiragana and katakana across all Wikimedia projects.

I have a short, five sentence announcement we'd like to share.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:CKoerner_(WMF)/H2K_mapping

The first communities we want to approach are French, Russian,
Italian, Swedish, Chinese, and Hebrew. Other languages are welcome for
future conversations.

I know I've been asking a lot of you all lately. I do appreciate it.

Yours,
Chris Koerner
Community Liaison

Re: Help translating 5 sentences about improving search mapping for other languages

Mathieu Stumpf Guntz

What does $language-language contains? That is in the following:

The Search team at the foundation will soon enable a mapping between Japanese hiragana and katakana for searching on $sitename and other $language-language projects.

Le 21/11/2017 à 23:44, Chris Koerner a écrit :
Hello
The search team is wanting to improve how search works across Japanese
hiragana and katakana across all Wikimedia projects.

I have a short, five sentence announcement we'd like to share.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:CKoerner_(WMF)/H2K_mapping

The first communities we want to approach are French, Russian,
Italian, Swedish, Chinese, and Hebrew. Other languages are welcome for
future conversations.

I know I've been asking a lot of you all lately. I do appreciate it.

Yours,
Chris Koerner
Community Liaison

Re: Help translating 5 sentences about improving search mapping for other languages

Benoît Evellin (Trizek)
When you edit the source, you have :

<tvar|language>{{#language:{{PAGELANGUAGE}}}}</>-language

I see "English Language projects" or "les autres projets en français" depending on the language I use.

This is a way to always have the language name to be surely displayed for the chosen page language. However, it may not match grammar all grammars. If so, please say so and Chris will fix that.