Hiding titles of pages

Claudi Meneghin
Hello,
I am admin in Lombard wikipedia: we would like to hide the titles of some pages, for matters related to dialect fragmentation of Lombard tongue.
An exemple of this feature can be found at:
http://ca.wikipedia.org.
Unfortunately, I have got no idea about how we could proceed.
Do you have any suggestions, please?
Many thanks.
Sincerely yours,
Claudi

Re: Hiding titles of pages

Travis Derouin-2
Hi Claudi,

Do you mean hiding the main title that are displayed on the article?

I'm pretty sure your only option is to modify the source code, and change
the skin and add your logic for which h1 title tags should be displayed and
which shouldn't.

Travis

On 5/30/06, Claudi Meneghin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am admin in Lombard wikipedia: we would like to hide the titles of some
> pages, for matters related to dialect fragmentation of Lombard tongue.
> An exemple of this feature can be found at:
> http://ca.wikipedia.org.
> Unfortunately, I have got no idea about how we could proceed.
> Do you have any suggestions, please?
> Many thanks.
> Sincerely yours,
> Claudi

Re: Hiding titles of pages

Andrew Dunbar
You can use CSS to hide the page title in the H1 heading. You can't
hide it in the top of the browser window though.

To hide the H1 heading in the article namespace you can use:

body.ns-0 h1.firstHeading { display: none }

To just hide it in certain articles you might need to use JavaScript
too. You could make some kind of template which places an HTML tag
with a specific ID in the articles you want to hide the title of, then
in the site's global JavaScript file you put a function which looks
for this ID and if it's there it finds the H1 with the class of
firstHeading and set's it's "display" to "none".

Good luck.

Andrew Dunbar (hippietrail)

http://linguaphile.sf.net