Hive and Oozie unavailable for maintenance on Tue Oct 9th 10 AM CEST

Hive and Oozie unavailable for maintenance on Tue Oct 9th 10 AM CEST

Luca Toscano
Hi everybody,

the Analytics team is going to move the Oozie and Hive daemons from the
analytics1003 host to an-coord1001 (new host, hardware refresh) on Tuesday
Oct 9th at 10 AM CEST. This will require downtime for Oozie and Hive, so
some jobs might fail or not work at all during the maintenance. We have
allocated two hours for this procedure but it should require less time.

Tracking task: T205509

As always, please follow up with me or anybody in the analytics team for
clarifications and/or comments (via Phabricator or IRC Freenode
#wikimedia-analytics).

Thanks for the patience!

Luca (on behalf of the Analytics team)

Re: Hive and Oozie unavailable for maintenance on Tue Oct 9th 10 AM CEST

Neil Patel Quinn
Quick note: since the Hive coordinator has moved, you'll have to update its
url from *analytics1003.eqiad.wmnet *to *an-coord1001.eqiad.wmnet *in any
scripts you have.

On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 at 09:54, Luca Toscano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> the Analytics team is going to move the Oozie and Hive daemons from the
> analytics1003 host to an-coord1001 (new host, hardware refresh) on Tuesday
> Oct 9th at 10 AM CEST. This will require downtime for Oozie and Hive, so
> some jobs might fail or not work at all during the maintenance. We have
> allocated two hours for this procedure but it should require less time.
>
> Tracking task: T205509
>
> As always, please follow up with me or anybody in the analytics team for
> clarifications and/or comments (via Phabricator or IRC Freenode
> #wikimedia-analytics).
>
> Thanks for the patience!
>
> Luca (on behalf of the Analytics team)

Neil Patel Quinn <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Neil_P._Quinn-WMF>
(he/him/his)
product analyst, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: [Analytics] Hive and Oozie unavailable for maintenance on Tue Oct 9th 10 AM CEST

Luca Toscano
Thanks for the note Neil, should have been clearer! I am also going to fix
all the analytics1003's references in Wikitech later on today :)

Luca