How can I get the deleted revisions of a user?

How can I get the deleted revisions of a user?

shiyue zhang

I'm doing a research work on Wikipedia, thanks to the API, I have got most of the data I need. But now I'm trying to assess user's reputation, and thus I need to get the deleted revisions of a user. However, API says I don't have permission to view deleted revision information.
I really need this data, please help me.
Thanks a lot!

--

Zhang Shiyue

Tel: +86 18801167900

E-mail: [hidden email], [hidden email]

State Key Laboratory of Networking and Switching Technology

No.10 Xitucheng Road, Haidian District

Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications

Beijing, China.

Re: How can I get the deleted revisions of a user?

Alex Monk
You'll have to follow the wiki's system for granting such rights. We don't have the ability to give it to you as MW developers.

On 29 October 2015 at 03:30, shiyue zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm doing a research work on Wikipedia, thanks to the API, I have got most of the data I need. But now I'm trying to assess user's reputation, and thus I need to get the deleted revisions of a user. However, API says I don't have permission to view deleted revision information.
I really need this data, please help me.
Thanks a lot!

--

Zhang Shiyue

Tel: <a href="tel:%2B86%2018801167900" value="+8618801167900" target="_blank">+86 18801167900

E-mail: [hidden email], [hidden email]

State Key Laboratory of Networking and Switching Technology

No.10 Xitucheng Road, Haidian District

Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications

Beijing, China.

Re: How can I get the deleted revisions of a user?

Brian Wolff
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Access_to_non-public_data
might be a useful link.

On 10/28/15, Alex Monk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You'll have to follow the wiki's system for granting such rights. We don't
> have the ability to give it to you as MW developers.
>
> On 29 October 2015 at 03:30, shiyue zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> I'm doing a research work on Wikipedia, thanks to the API, I have got
>> most
>> of the data I need. But now I'm trying to assess user's reputation, and
>> thus I need to get the deleted revisions of a user. However, API says I
>> don't have permission to view deleted revision information.
>> I really need this data, please help me.
>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>> --
>>
>> Zhang Shiyue
>>
>> *Tel*: +86 18801167900
>>
>> *E-mail*: [hidden email], [hidden email]
>>
>> State Key Laboratory of Networking and Switching Technology
>>
>> No.10 Xitucheng Road, Haidian District
>>
>> Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
>>
>> Beijing, China.

Re: How can I get the deleted revisions of a user?

Platonides
On 29/10/15 05:10, Erik Bernhardson wrote:
> If you are trying to get an idea of reputation you might mean to be
> looking at reverted edits, not deleted ones.  Not sure its a better
> metric, but i would expect rather few users to have deleted edits.

If only the number of deleted edits is needed (instead of the actual
contents), that may be available via stats websites.

Also note that having many deleted edits is in itself not a sign of
being untrusted. Quite the opposite, the people with more deleted edits
will be those that perform maintenance tasks most, placing many deletion
templates (whether they correctly evaluated or not the article merits
before placing such templates is a different matter)

Regards

Re: How can I get the deleted revisions of a user?

Jonathan Morgan
Hi Zhang,

You should check out Aaron Halfaker's revert detection toolkit here: http://pythonhosted.org/mwreverts/

Best,
Jonathan

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 4:15 AM, Ricordisamoa <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

E-mail: [hidden email][hidden email], [hidden email][hidden email]

State Key Laboratory of Networking and Switching Technology

No.10 Xitucheng Road, Haidian District

Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications

Beijing, China.

Jonathan T. Morgan
Senior Design Researcher

Re: How can I get the deleted revisions of a user?

Jonathan Morgan
Also (from Aaron on IRC, just now): "Note that, if they are doing small scale work (less than 100k revisions), they might want this: http://pythonhosted.org/mwreverts/api.html#mwreverts.api.check"

Oh yeah, BTW we have an IRC channel :) It's #wikimedia-research on Freenode. More information here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC/Channels

- J