How do I modify the link "create and account or login"?

How do I modify the link "create and account or login"?

Wesley Mason
Hi,
  I am using MediaWiki version 1.5.  I want to have users email a sysopt to request a login account.  I want to modify the link "create an account or login" to read "please email [hidden email] to request a login" or something similar.  I did a quick grep to see if I could find where this is stored but didn't find any obvious locations.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wesley Mason
System Administrator
University of Kansas

Re: How do I modify the link "create and account or login"?

Rob Church
To edit that particular text, edit the MediaWiki:Userlogin page on your wiki.

However, that might not be a clean solution. If you've disabled
account creation within the configuration, consider altering instead
MediaWiki:Loginprompt to explain to users how they can request an
account.

Rob Church

On 03/03/06, Wesley Mason <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am using MediaWiki version 1.5.  I want to have users email a sysopt to request a login account.  I want to modify the link "create an account or login" to read "please email [hidden email] to request a login" or something similar.  I did a quick grep to see if I could find where this is stored but didn't find any obvious locations.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wesley Mason
> System Administrator
> University of Kansas

Re: How do I modify the link "create and account orlogin"?

Rusel DeMaria
Forgive my ignorance, but where do I find MediaWiki:Userlogin and
MediaWiki:Loginprompt?

To edit that particular text, edit the MediaWiki:Userlogin page on your
wiki.

However, that might not be a clean solution. If you've disabled
account creation within the configuration, consider altering instead
MediaWiki:Loginprompt to explain to users how they can request an
account.

Rob Church

On 03/03/06, Wesley Mason <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am using MediaWiki version 1.5.  I want to have users email a sysopt
to request a login account.  I want to modify the link "create an account or
login" to read "please email [hidden email] to request a login" or something
similar.  I did a quick grep to see if I could find where this is stored but
didn't find any obvious locations.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,
>
> Wesley Mason
> System Administrator
> University of Kansas

Re: How do I modify the link "create and account orlogin"?

Rob Church
Those are pages on the wiki. Enter their titles in the search box and
hit "Go" or visit Special:Allmessages and click on their names in the
list.

Rob Church