How our competitors are doing

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How our competitors are doing

David Gerard-2
On Conservapedia, a parodist came up with this template:

http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Template%3ANohearsay&action=historysubmit&diff=976114&oldid=976104

Mr Schlafly approves:

http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=User_talk:CPalmer&curid=72836&diff=976121&oldid=975547


- d.

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How our competitors are doing

Gwern Branwen
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Mr Schlafly approves:
>
> http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=User_talk:CPalmer&curid=72836&diff=976121&oldid=975547

Poe's law lives!

--
gwern

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How our competitors are doing

Thomas Dalton
In reply to this post by David Gerard-2
Conservapedia aren't a competitor. They aren't in remotely the same
business as us.
On Apr 19, 2012 11:22 PM, "David Gerard" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Conservapedia, a parodist came up with this template:
>
>
> http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Template%3ANohearsay&action=historysubmit&diff=976114&oldid=976104
>
> Mr Schlafly approves:
>
>
> http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=User_talk:CPalmer&curid=72836&diff=976121&oldid=975547
>
>
> - d.
>
> _______________________________________________
> WikiEN-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
>
_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How our competitors are doing

David Gerard-2
On 20 April 2012 00:36, Thomas Dalton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2012 11:22 PM, "David Gerard" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On Conservapedia, a parodist came up with this template:
>> http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Template%3ANohearsay&action=historysubmit&diff=976114&oldid=976104
>> Mr Schlafly approves:
>> http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=User_talk:CPalmer&curid=72836&diff=976121&oldid=975547

> Conservapedia aren't a competitor. They aren't in remotely the same
> business as us.


Don't tell them that!

http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservapedia:How_Conservapedia_Differs_from_Wikipedia

Their article on us is great, though:

http://conservapedia.com/Wikipedia


- d.

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How our competitors are doing

Steve Bennett-8
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Their article on us is great, though:
>
> http://conservapedia.com/Wikipedia

Wow, that's awesome - the whole introduction is gold. In fact, so much
to enjoy about that article - even the "effect of scandals on
Wikipedia foundation donations", which appears to show...well, nothing
really.

Steve

_______________________________________________
WikiEN-l mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, visit:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikien-l