How to add new special page group?

Robert Baruch
I'd like my extension's new special page to go under a new special page group in Special:SpecialPages, since it doesn't fit in any of the other categories, and it seems a bit silly to just stick it under "Other".

However, it looks like you can't just add a new message and expect Special:SpecialPages to pick it up. For example, if my new group were, just for example, "Pages which Manipulate the Space Time Continuum", I would have thought that doing this would be sufficient:

1. Add a new message to your extension's internationalization file:

$messages['en'] = array(
  'myext' => 'My Bunch of Pages',
  'specialpages-group-spacetime' => 'Pages which Manipulate the Space Time Continuum'
);

2. Categorize the special page (in this case, Special:TimeMachine:

$wgSpecialPageGroups['TimeMachine'] = 'spacetime';

So why doesn't this work? A quick perusal of the source code in SpecialPageFactory.php doesn't seem to turn up anything additional to do...

Thanks,

--Rob

How to run php script in mediawiki page?

Sreelaxmi.Alladi

Hi

How to run php script in mediawiki page. Using mailto function in php
code hav to run in mediawiki page/

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: How to run php script in mediawiki page?

WJhonson

 Mailto is already supported without any change to the code

This page is copyright 2007-2008 by Will Johnson, [mailto:[hidden email] [hidden email]].

Placing this line in your wiki page will translate the email address into a clickable link which launces your mail client.

Re: How to add new special page group?

Jeroen De Dauw-2
Hey,

> I'd like my extension's new special page to go under a new special page
group in Special:SpecialPages

Assuming you are developing for 1.17 and later, you can use this hook:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Hooks/ExtensionTypes

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw
http://www.bn2vs.com

Re: How to add new special page group?

John Du Hart
That's for Special:Version.

On Dec 13, 2011 12:46 AM, "Jeroen De Dauw" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> > I'd like my extension's new special page to go under a new special page
> group in Special:SpecialPages
>
> Assuming you are developing for 1.17 and later, you can use this hook:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Hooks/ExtensionTypes
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Jeroen De Dauw
> http://www.bn2vs.com
> Don't panic. Don't be evil.

Re: How to add new special page group?

Jeroen De Dauw-2
Hey,

> That's for Special:Version.

Oops. You're right, somehow managed to misread that.

Robert, in that case what you have ought to work. It's what I'm doing here,
and it works just fine:
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/EducationProgram/EducationProgram.php?view=markup#l80

Cheers

--