How to allow users to put tables inside templates?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to allow users to put tables inside templates?

david-217
Hi;
I need a method or workaround to allow users to put contents with
wikitext tables inside template parameters.
The users use Open/Libre-Office MediaWiki export to generate the
wikitext and it is preferable that they do not have to add any extra
wikitext or codes.

This is my testing page:
http://www.eoi.es/wiki/index.php/Usuario:Dvdgmz/pruebas

If I write this the template (well the table) crashes:

{{Test|Contenido=
{| class="wikitable"
| bla
| bla bla
|-
| hola
|hola hola
|}

}}

Using Pipe Escape don't crashes but I don't want to ask users to write
it:

{{Test|Contenido=
{{#!:
{| class="wikitable"
| bla
| bla bla
|-
| hola
|hola hola
|}
}}
}}

I tried to put the Pipe Escape tags inside the template but seems to be
ignored.


David.



_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to allow users to put tables inside templates?

John Du Hart
Hi David.

That's a really tricky situation. The way our parser is now there isn't
much flexibility here and pipe escapes are probably needed, since the
parser looks for pipes go separate parameters for the first level of
templates.
On Feb 13, 2012 1:40 PM, "david" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi;
> I need a method or workaround to allow users to put contents with
> wikitext tables inside template parameters.
> The users use Open/Libre-Office MediaWiki export to generate the
> wikitext and it is preferable that they do not have to add any extra
> wikitext or codes.
>
> This is my testing page:
> http://www.eoi.es/wiki/index.php/Usuario:Dvdgmz/pruebas
>
> If I write this the template (well the table) crashes:
>
> {{Test|Contenido=
> {| class="wikitable"
> | bla
> | bla bla
> |-
> | hola
> |hola hola
> |}
>
> }}
>
> Using Pipe Escape don't crashes but I don't want to ask users to write
> it:
>
> {{Test|Contenido=
> {{#!:
> {| class="wikitable"
> | bla
> | bla bla
> |-
> | hola
> |hola hola
> |}
> }}
> }}
>
> I tried to put the Pipe Escape tags inside the template but seems to be
> ignored.
>
>
> David.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to allow users to put tables inside templates?

Gerald Grenier
In reply to this post by david-217
The standard way is to create Template:! that only has | and no spaces
or return characters before your <noinclude> tag
and Template:!! that is the same except it has || instead.

Then you have

{{Test|Contenido=
{{{!}} class="wikitable"
{{!}} bla
{{!}} bla bla
{{!}}-
{{!}} hola
{{!}}
hola hola
{{!}}}

}}

or

{{Test|Contenido=
{{{!}} class="wikitable"
{{!}} bla {{!!}} bla bla
{{!}}-
{{!}} hola {{!!}}hola hola
{{!}}}

}}




On 2/13/2012 1:39 PM, david wrote:

> Hi;
> I need a method or workaround to allow users to put contents with
> wikitext tables inside template parameters.
> The users use Open/Libre-Office MediaWiki export to generate the
> wikitext and it is preferable that they do not have to add any extra
> wikitext or codes.
>
> This is my testing page:
> http://www.eoi.es/wiki/index.php/Usuario:Dvdgmz/pruebas
>
> If I write this the template (well the table) crashes:
>
> {{Test|Contenido=
> {| class="wikitable"
> | bla
> | bla bla
> |-
> | hola
> |hola hola
> |}
>
> }}
>
> Using Pipe Escape don't crashes but I don't want to ask users to write
> it:
>
> {{Test|Contenido=
> {{#!:
> {| class="wikitable"
> | bla
> | bla bla
> |-
> | hola
> |hola hola
> |}
> }}
> }}
>
> I tried to put the Pipe Escape tags inside the template but seems to be
> ignored.
>
>
> David.


_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to allow users to put tables inside templates?

david-217
Thanks Gerald for the answer but what I don't want is asking the users
to use these templates. The users take the tables wikitext code from the
Oo-MW export and paste it in a form (using Semantic Forms) that put it
in a template.
If I must to ask them to use extra code I prefer to use Pipe Escape
{{#!:
Reading the comment from John Du Hart I'm feeling that there isn't a
better solution, unfortunately :(

However thanks to tell me.

David

El dl 13 de 02 de 2012 a les 17:50 -0500, en/na Gerald Grenier va
escriure:

> The standard way is to create Template:! that only has | and no spaces
> or return characters before your <noinclude> tag
> and Template:!! that is the same except it has || instead.
>
> Then you have
>
> {{Test|Contenido=
> {{{!}} class="wikitable"
> {{!}} bla
> {{!}} bla bla
> {{!}}-
> {{!}} hola
> {{!}}
> hola hola
> {{!}}}
>
> }}
>
> or
>
> {{Test|Contenido=
> {{{!}} class="wikitable"
> {{!}} bla {{!!}} bla bla
> {{!}}-
> {{!}} hola {{!!}}hola hola
> {{!}}}
>
> }}
>
>
>
>
> On 2/13/2012 1:39 PM, david wrote:
> > Hi;
> > I need a method or workaround to allow users to put contents with
> > wikitext tables inside template parameters.
> > The users use Open/Libre-Office MediaWiki export to generate the
> > wikitext and it is preferable that they do not have to add any extra
> > wikitext or codes.
> >
> > This is my testing page:
> > http://www.eoi.es/wiki/index.php/Usuario:Dvdgmz/pruebas
> >
> > If I write this the template (well the table) crashes:
> >
> > {{Test|Contenido=
> > {| class="wikitable"
> > | bla
> > | bla bla
> > |-
> > | hola
> > |hola hola
> > |}
> >
> > }}
> >
> > Using Pipe Escape don't crashes but I don't want to ask users to write
> > it:
> >
> > {{Test|Contenido=
> > {{#!:
> > {| class="wikitable"
> > | bla
> > | bla bla
> > |-
> > | hola
> > |hola hola
> > |}
> > }}
> > }}
> >
> > I tried to put the Pipe Escape tags inside the template but seems to be
> > ignored.
> >
> >
> > David.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l



_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to allow users to put tables inside templates?

Platonides
El 14/02/12 08:48, david escribió:

> Thanks Gerald for the answer but what I don't want is asking the users
> to use these templates. The users take the tables wikitext code from the
> Oo-MW export and paste it in a form (using Semantic Forms) that put it
> in a template.
> If I must to ask them to use extra code I prefer to use Pipe Escape
> {{#!:
> Reading the comment from John Du Hart I'm feeling that there isn't a
> better solution, unfortunately :(
>
> However thanks to tell me.
>
> David

I think you could make the Semantic Form add the {{#!: for you around
the parameter.


_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to allow users to put tables inside templates?

david-217
El dj 16 de 02 de 2012 a les 21:55 +0100, en/na Platonides va escriure:

> El 14/02/12 08:48, david escribió:
> > Thanks Gerald for the answer but what I don't want is asking the users
> > to use these templates. The users take the tables wikitext code from the
> > Oo-MW export and paste it in a form (using Semantic Forms) that put it
> > in a template.
> > If I must to ask them to use extra code I prefer to use Pipe Escape
> > {{#!:
> > Reading the comment from John Du Hart I'm feeling that there isn't a
> > better solution, unfortunately :(
> >
> > However thanks to tell me.
> >
> > David
>
> I think you could make the Semantic Form add the {{#!: for you around
> the parameter.

How can I do that?
I don't know a way to put content before and after the value introduced
by an user in a field.
Now I'm trying to do it in the Template, but doesn't work. If {{#!: is
inside the template seems to be ignored.


_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l