How to edit wikipedia when stupid mods block all Thai ip addresses

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
38 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How to edit wikipedia when stupid mods block all Thai ip addresses

Walter van Kalken
I am getting extremely impatient with RonaldB he seems to have a fetish
for blocking Thai IP addresses on the Dutch wikipedia and he doesn't
answerd emails send to him. I cannot even edit when I am logged in, not
from a friends computer which uses a different provider. Is it the
wikimedia foundations goal to block me??

The last two weeks I have found the IP adresses of my provider
constantly blocked, pre-emptively by RonaldB without any sign of
vandalism by those IP adresses. Wikipedia can be editted by anyone? Not
by me!

Waerth

_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to edit wikipedia when stupid mods block all Thai ip addresses

David Gerard-2
On 13/02/07, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am getting extremely impatient with RonaldB he seems to have a fetish
> for blocking Thai IP addresses on the Dutch wikipedia and he doesn't
> answerd emails send to him. I cannot even edit when I am logged in, not
> from a friends computer which uses a different provider. Is it the
> wikimedia foundations goal to block me??


Yes, every attempt at blocking a Thai IP is a PERSONAL AFFRONT to you.
This is listed in the Foundation's 501(c)(3) filing with the IRS. HTH!


- d.

_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to edit wikipedia when stupid mods block all Thai ip addresses

Walter van Kalken
David Gerard wrote:

>On 13/02/07, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  
>
>>I am getting extremely impatient with RonaldB he seems to have a fetish
>>for blocking Thai IP addresses on the Dutch wikipedia and he doesn't
>>answerd emails send to him. I cannot even edit when I am logged in, not
>>from a friends computer which uses a different provider. Is it the
>>wikimedia foundations goal to block me??
>>    
>>
>
>
>Yes, every attempt at blocking a Thai IP is a PERSONAL AFFRONT to you.
>This is listed in the Foundation's 501(c)(3) filing with the IRS. HTH!
>
>
>  
>
If this just happened once or twice then it would be ok. But when it
happens everyday how would you feel? How would you react? The same
idiocy seems to be goin on on the english wikipedia. anybody wonder why
there are only a few Thai editors there? Then I forgot you seem to have
no feelings and not to care about other people.

Waerth
_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to edit wikipedia when stupid mods block all Thai ip addresses

David Strauss-4
In reply to this post by Walter van Kalken
The Foundation is deliberately restrained from managing the community
and content of Wikimedia projects. This separation exists for many
reasons. You should raise this issue with the community of the Dutch
Wikipedia.

Walter van Kalken wrote:

> I am getting extremely impatient with RonaldB he seems to have a fetish
> for blocking Thai IP addresses on the Dutch wikipedia and he doesn't
> answerd emails send to him. I cannot even edit when I am logged in, not
> from a friends computer which uses a different provider. Is it the
> wikimedia foundations goal to block me??
>
> The last two weeks I have found the IP adresses of my provider
> constantly blocked, pre-emptively by RonaldB without any sign of
> vandalism by those IP adresses. Wikipedia can be editted by anyone? Not
> by me!
>
> Waerth
>
> _______________________________________________
> foundation-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l

_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to edit wikipedia when stupid mods block all Thai ip addresses

Walter van Kalken
The issue has been raised over 10 times and everytime it is happening
again. I want someone to toss some heads finally ot I will want all my
1000 + articles I wrote deleted as I cannot edit them anymore.

Waerth

>The Foundation is deliberately restrained from managing the community
>and content of Wikimedia projects. This separation exists for many
>reasons. You should raise this issue with the community of the Dutch
>Wikipedia.
>
>Walter van Kalken wrote:
>  
>
>>I am getting extremely impatient with RonaldB he seems to have a fetish
>>for blocking Thai IP addresses on the Dutch wikipedia and he doesn't
>>answerd emails send to him. I cannot even edit when I am logged in, not
>>from a friends computer which uses a different provider. Is it the
>>wikimedia foundations goal to block me??
>>
>>The last two weeks I have found the IP adresses of my provider
>>constantly blocked, pre-emptively by RonaldB without any sign of
>>vandalism by those IP adresses. Wikipedia can be editted by anyone? Not
>>by me!
>>
>>Waerth
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>foundation-l mailing list
>>[hidden email]
>>http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
>>    
>>
>
>_______________________________________________
>foundation-l mailing list
>[hidden email]
>http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
>
>  
>

_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to edit wikipedia when stupid mods block all Thai ip addresses

geni
On 2/13/07, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The issue has been raised over 10 times and everytime it is happening
> again. I want someone to toss some heads finally ot I will want all my
> 1000 + articles I wrote deleted as I cannot edit them anymore.
>

Not something the foundation would generaly get invovled in. En
currently soft blocks the IPs which wouls allow you to continue to
edit. It would be posible for .nl to addopt a simular practice. I've
talked to the .nl people on IRC but I don't know exactly which IPs
need to be delt with.

--
geni

_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

It is the foundations responsibility ......... How to edit wikipedia when stupid mods block all Thai ip addresses

Walter van Kalken
In reply to this post by David Strauss-4
It is the foundation who laid this policy on the communities in 2004!
See Meta. It was a rule placed upon the communities by the foundation so
if it flukes you cannot all of a sudden place the responsibility with
the local community.

Waerth.

>The Foundation is deliberately restrained from managing the community
>and content of Wikimedia projects. This separation exists for many
>reasons. You should raise this issue with the community of the Dutch
>Wikipedia.
>
>Walter van Kalken wrote:
>  
>
>>I am getting extremely impatient with RonaldB he seems to have a fetish
>>for blocking Thai IP addresses on the Dutch wikipedia and he doesn't
>>answerd emails send to him. I cannot even edit when I am logged in, not
>>from a friends computer which uses a different provider. Is it the
>>wikimedia foundations goal to block me??
>>
>>The last two weeks I have found the IP adresses of my provider
>>constantly blocked, pre-emptively by RonaldB without any sign of
>>vandalism by those IP adresses. Wikipedia can be editted by anyone? Not
>>by me!
>>
>>Waerth
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>foundation-l mailing list
>>[hidden email]
>>http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
>>    
>>
>
>_______________________________________________
>foundation-l mailing list
>[hidden email]
>http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
>
>  
>

_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: It is the foundations responsibility ......... How to edit wikipedia when stupid mods block all Thai ip addresses

Luiz Augusto-2
200 messages for global copyright issues isn't the same that 200 messages
for local blocking issues...

On 2/13/07, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> It is the foundation who laid this policy on the communities in 2004!
> See Meta. It was a rule placed upon the communities by the foundation so
> if it flukes you cannot all of a sudden place the responsibility with
> the local community.
>
> Waerth.
>
> >The Foundation is deliberately restrained from managing the community
> >and content of Wikimedia projects. This separation exists for many
> >reasons. You should raise this issue with the community of the Dutch
> >Wikipedia.
> >
> >Walter van Kalken wrote:
> >
> >
> >>I am getting extremely impatient with RonaldB he seems to have a fetish
> >>for blocking Thai IP addresses on the Dutch wikipedia and he doesn't
> >>answerd emails send to him. I cannot even edit when I am logged in, not
> >>from a friends computer which uses a different provider. Is it the
> >>wikimedia foundations goal to block me??
> >>
> >>The last two weeks I have found the IP adresses of my provider
> >>constantly blocked, pre-emptively by RonaldB without any sign of
> >>vandalism by those IP adresses. Wikipedia can be editted by anyone? Not
> >>by me!
> >>
> >>Waerth
> >>
>
_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to edit wikipedia when stupid mods block all Thai ip addresses

Effe iets anders
In reply to this post by geni
For the record, this is about open- and exit proxies. See for a little
wikimedia backgroundinfo too http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WM:NOP .
(without trying to make a point)

Effe

2007/2/13, geni <[hidden email]>:

>
> On 2/13/07, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The issue has been raised over 10 times and everytime it is happening
> > again. I want someone to toss some heads finally ot I will want all my
> > 1000 + articles I wrote deleted as I cannot edit them anymore.
> >
>
> Not something the foundation would generaly get invovled in. En
> currently soft blocks the IPs which wouls allow you to continue to
> edit. It would be posible for .nl to addopt a simular practice. I've
> talked to the .nl people on IRC but I don't know exactly which IPs
> need to be delt with.
>
> --
> geni
>
> _______________________________________________
> foundation-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
>
_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: It is the foundations responsibility ......... How to edit wikipedia when stupid mods block all Thai ip addresses

Łukasz Garczewski-3
In reply to this post by Walter van Kalken
On 2/13/07, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It is the foundation who laid this policy on the communities in 2004!
> See Meta. It was a rule placed upon the communities by the foundation so
> if it flukes you cannot all of a sudden place the responsibility with
> the local community.

Enough already.

*PLONK*

--
Łukasz 'TOR' Garczewski
_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to edit wikipedia when stupid mods block all Thai ip addresses

Tim Starling-2
In reply to this post by Walter van Kalken
Walter van Kalken wrote:

> I am getting extremely impatient with RonaldB he seems to have a fetish
> for blocking Thai IP addresses on the Dutch wikipedia and he doesn't
> answerd emails send to him. I cannot even edit when I am logged in, not
> from a friends computer which uses a different provider. Is it the
> wikimedia foundations goal to block me??
>
> The last two weeks I have found the IP adresses of my provider
> constantly blocked, pre-emptively by RonaldB without any sign of
> vandalism by those IP adresses. Wikipedia can be editted by anyone? Not
> by me!

The first time this happened, we fixed it by listing the True Internet
proxies in the trusted XFF list. True Internet have since expanded their
proxy list. A polite request to the devs to update the list would have
seen this problem fixed immediately. However, Waerth is apparently not
capable of polite requests, he only knows screaming and yelling, and I had
no desire whatsoever to put myself in the path of his tirade. But I think
this has gone on long enough. I'm going to list the extra proxies, polite
request or no.

True Internet appear to have secured their proxies properly now, denying
requests that come from outside their network. So adding them to the list
is no longer any kind of security risk for us. In time, they may even be
removed from the open proxy lists that sysops like RonaldB use as a source.

-- Tim Starling


_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: How to edit wikipedia when stupid mods block all Thai ip addresses

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
Thanks for being this kind.
Thank you,
     GerardM

Tim Starling schreef:

> Walter van Kalken wrote:
>  
>> I am getting extremely impatient with RonaldB he seems to have a fetish
>> for blocking Thai IP addresses on the Dutch wikipedia and he doesn't
>> answerd emails send to him. I cannot even edit when I am logged in, not
>> from a friends computer which uses a different provider. Is it the
>> wikimedia foundations goal to block me??
>>
>> The last two weeks I have found the IP adresses of my provider
>> constantly blocked, pre-emptively by RonaldB without any sign of
>> vandalism by those IP adresses. Wikipedia can be editted by anyone? Not
>> by me!
>>    
>
> The first time this happened, we fixed it by listing the True Internet
> proxies in the trusted XFF list. True Internet have since expanded their
> proxy list. A polite request to the devs to update the list would have
> seen this problem fixed immediately. However, Waerth is apparently not
> capable of polite requests, he only knows screaming and yelling, and I had
> no desire whatsoever to put myself in the path of his tirade. But I think
> this has gone on long enough. I'm going to list the extra proxies, polite
> request or no.
>
> True Internet appear to have secured their proxies properly now, denying
> requests that come from outside their network. So adding them to the list
> is no longer any kind of security risk for us. In time, they may even be
> removed from the open proxy lists that sysops like RonaldB use as a source.
>
> -- Tim Starling


_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

One week later and I am still blocked, nobody is doing a fucking thing

Walter van Kalken
In reply to this post by Walter van Kalken
As you can see the Dutch mods have done NOTHING, ZERO, NADA. And people
here say I have NO reason to be angry!

I have written over a 1000 articles to the wikipedia and now I am not
able to edit them. I am raging in anger.

Here is a screenshot I took today:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8069/stillblocked1cv4.jpg

Sofar for EVERYONE can edit. I am not even a vandal. And people tell me
to calm down. It has been TWO WEEKS now! And NO FUCKING BODY is doing
anything at all.

Fuck everyone with their stupid advices about being nice. I am leaving.

Fuck the board for putting this stupid block all proxies in effect and
refusing to do anything.

Waerth


>>Hi Walter,
>>
>>I would like to ask you to donate at least 10% of your efforts which
>>are usually spent on this list by you to convince the Thailand
>>government or the Thai ISPs to fix their internet access so we might
>>be able to ban "just the right people" in the future. 10% should be
>>more than enough to convince them.
>>
>>Mathias
>>    
>>
>
>If i correctly geussed what's happening:
>a) Thai ISPs put their users under transparent proxies.
>b) A nl admin regularly blocks them as "open proxy"
>
>
>a1) If the ISP proxy provides X-Fordwarded-For: header, talk with Tim
>Starling to add them to the XFF list.
>a2) Convince the ISP to remove the Proxy (almost imposible).
>
>b) No admin should block "open proxys" unless he confirms they're open
>proxys.
>
>
>Trick: Accesing via
>https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/nl/wiki/Hoofdpagina will probably
>bypass transparent proxys.
>
>
>I have found myself several times blocked on en.wikipedia due of being
>behind a proxy. Sometimes it was there were previous vandalism by other
>users. Others, it was alledged an "Open Proxy", either without reason or
>pointing to a proxy-list page.
>Astounishing, as neither the admin or the page mainteiners could have
>checked that proxy (maybe the lists were done by listing visitors behind
>it?).
>I sent several mails stating this, and asking for a lesser block (some
>were infinite hard blocks!). Well, i had no answer about this matter
>(could be unblocked without answering, however).
>
>Worse, my ISP doesn't provide means for stating if a given ip is one of
>their proxys or not. If an ip vandalised a page and -being accused of
>doing it- a checkuser showed that i had used that ip, i'd have no way to
>prove that ip being a transparent proxy, and not my personal ip. I'd
>probably be blocked forever. :(
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Wikipedia-l mailing list
>[hidden email]
>http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>
>  
>

_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: One week later and I am still blocked, nobody is doing a fucking thing

geni
On 2/18/07, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As you can see the Dutch mods have done NOTHING, ZERO, NADA. And people
> here say I have NO reason to be angry!
>
> I have written over a 1000 articles to the wikipedia and now I am not
> able to edit them. I am raging in anger.
>
> Here is a screenshot I took today:
>
> http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8069/stillblocked1cv4.jpg
>
> Sofar for EVERYONE can edit. I am not even a vandal. And people tell me
> to calm down. It has been TWO WEEKS now! And NO FUCKING BODY is doing
> anything at all.
>
> Fuck everyone with their stupid advices about being nice. I am leaving.
>
> Fuck the board for putting this stupid block all proxies in effect and
> refusing to do anything.
>
> Waerth
>
>

You haven't told us the IP so there isn't really every much that can
be done about it

--
geni

_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: One week later and I am still blocked, nobody is doing a fucking thing

Gerard Meijssen-3
geni schreef:

> On 2/18/07, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  
>> As you can see the Dutch mods have done NOTHING, ZERO, NADA. And people
>> here say I have NO reason to be angry!
>>
>> I have written over a 1000 articles to the wikipedia and now I am not
>> able to edit them. I am raging in anger.
>>
>> Here is a screenshot I took today:
>>
>> http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8069/stillblocked1cv4.jpg
>>
>> Sofar for EVERYONE can edit. I am not even a vandal. And people tell me
>> to calm down. It has been TWO WEEKS now! And NO FUCKING BODY is doing
>> anything at all.
>>
>> Fuck everyone with their stupid advices about being nice. I am leaving.
>>
>> Fuck the board for putting this stupid block all proxies in effect and
>> refusing to do anything.
>>
>> Waerth
>>
>>
>>    
>
> You haven't told us the IP so there isn't really every much that can
> be done about it
Hoi,
Waerth chooses to be rude and disruptive to the extend that he literally
wishes that all Dutch mods are to drop dead. I am glad that I will
survive this ordeal by not being a Dutch Wikipedia moderator... Given
that Waerth is his own worst enemy and given that he states that he is
leaving, I wish he does. He may be back if he wants to, but I wish for
the nl.wikipedia community that when he does come back, it will be with
a modified attitude.
Thanks,
    GerardM


_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: One week later and I am still blocked, nobody is doing a fucking thing

Florence Devouard-3
In reply to this post by Walter van Kalken
Walter van Kalken wrote:

> As you can see the Dutch mods have done NOTHING, ZERO, NADA. And people
> here say I have NO reason to be angry!
>
> I have written over a 1000 articles to the wikipedia and now I am not
> able to edit them. I am raging in anger.
>
> Here is a screenshot I took today:
>
> http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8069/stillblocked1cv4.jpg
>
> Sofar for EVERYONE can edit. I am not even a vandal. And people tell me
> to calm down. It has been TWO WEEKS now! And NO FUCKING BODY is doing
> anything at all.
>
> Fuck everyone with their stupid advices about being nice. I am leaving.
>
> Fuck the board for putting this stupid block all proxies in effect and
> refusing to do anything.

You're welcome.

Ant


_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: One week later and I am still blocked, nobody is doing a fucking thing

Walter van Kalken

>>Fuck everyone with their stupid advices about being nice. I am leaving.
>>
>>Fuck the board for putting this stupid block all proxies in effect and
>>refusing to do anything.
>>    
>>
>
>You're welcome.
>
>  
>
I am happy to see that as the chairwoman of the foundation you take your
responsibility for foundationpolicies which keep editors blocked so
seriously. I had expected better from you.

Wikipedia:Anyone can edit .......yes as long as you do not life outside
of the western countries in a country where ISP's force you into
proxies. And the foundation in it's arrogance doesn't give rats ass. Oh
how noble. What is worse me ranting or the foundation not caring?

Waerth


_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikipedia-l] One week later and I am still blocked, nobody is doing a fucking thing

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
We may start caring when you stop ranting and raving. They shoot horses
don't they ?
Thanks,
   GerardM

On 2/18/07, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> >>Fuck everyone with their stupid advices about being nice. I am leaving.
> >>
> >>Fuck the board for putting this stupid block all proxies in effect and
> >>refusing to do anything.
> >>
> >>
> >
> >You're welcome.
> >
> >
> >
> I am happy to see that as the chairwoman of the foundation you take your
> responsibility for foundationpolicies which keep editors blocked so
> seriously. I had expected better from you.
>
> Wikipedia:Anyone can edit .......yes as long as you do not life outside
> of the western countries in a country where ISP's force you into
> proxies. And the foundation in it's arrogance doesn't give rats ass. Oh
> how noble. What is worse me ranting or the foundation not caring?
>
> Waerth
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>
_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikipedia-l] One week later and I am still blocked, nobody is doing a fucking thing

Walter van Kalken
So the victim for over a year of a policy cannot be angry. This is
typical BIG COMPANY arrogance, I see it has now come to the wiki-projects.

Waerth

>Hoi,
>We may start caring when you stop ranting and raving. They shoot horses
>don't they ?
>Thanks,
>   GerardM
>
>On 2/18/07, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  
>
>>    
>>
>>>>Fuck everyone with their stupid advices about being nice. I am leaving.
>>>>
>>>>Fuck the board for putting this stupid block all proxies in effect and
>>>>refusing to do anything.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>You're welcome.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>I am happy to see that as the chairwoman of the foundation you take your
>>responsibility for foundationpolicies which keep editors blocked so
>>seriously. I had expected better from you.
>>
>>Wikipedia:Anyone can edit .......yes as long as you do not life outside
>>of the western countries in a country where ISP's force you into
>>proxies. And the foundation in it's arrogance doesn't give rats ass. Oh
>>how noble. What is worse me ranting or the foundation not caring?
>>
>>Waerth
>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>Wikipedia-l mailing list
>>[hidden email]
>>http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>>
>>    
>>
>_______________________________________________
>foundation-l mailing list
>[hidden email]
>http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
>
>  
>

_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Wikipedia-l] One week later and I am still blocked, nobody is doing a fucking thing

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
You may be angry. But it does not help you a bit when you have to rely
on others to help you. When people tell you to drop dead, would you help
them out ? When it comes to arrogance, your idea that we should be
willing to suffer your verbal diarrhoea and help you is insane. Consider
that Tim Starling made changes on your behalf and I have not even
noticed that you thanked him for it...

The world does not resolve around you. It must be frustrating for you
but people increasingly care less about you. When you continue like
this, I expect you will be on moderation on the mailing lists in the
near future.

Thanks,
    GerardM


Walter van Kalken schreef:

> So the victim for over a year of a policy cannot be angry. This is
> typical BIG COMPANY arrogance, I see it has now come to the wiki-projects.
>
> Waerth
>
>  
>> Hoi,
>> We may start caring when you stop ranting and raving. They shoot horses
>> don't they ?
>> Thanks,
>>   GerardM
>>
>> On 2/18/07, Walter van Kalken <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  
>>
>>    
>>>    
>>>
>>>      
>>>>> Fuck everyone with their stupid advices about being nice. I am leaving.
>>>>>
>>>>> Fuck the board for putting this stupid block all proxies in effect and
>>>>> refusing to do anything.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>        
>>>>>
>>>>>          
>>>> You're welcome.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>      
>>>>
>>>>        
>>> I am happy to see that as the chairwoman of the foundation you take your
>>> responsibility for foundationpolicies which keep editors blocked so
>>> seriously. I had expected better from you.
>>>
>>> Wikipedia:Anyone can edit .......yes as long as you do not life outside
>>> of the western countries in a country where ISP's force you into
>>> proxies. And the foundation in it's arrogance doesn't give rats ass. Oh
>>> how noble. What is worse me ranting or the foundation not caring?
>>>
>>> Waerth


_______________________________________________
foundation-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
12