How to enable Template:Languages functionality

How to enable Template:Languages functionality

Tian-Jian "Barabbas" Jiang@Gmail
Dear all,

I've upgraded my own MediaWiki and tried to enable Template:Languages
functionality to support page translation.
The result, however, is not correct:
http://taipedia.info/mediawiki/index.php/Template:Languages

The ParserFunctions extension had been installed.

The keywords to search for this question are not easy to acquire to me,
therefore I have to bother you guys here.
Sorry about that and thanks for all your patience.

Best Regards,
Mike

Re: How to enable Template:Languages functionality

Tian-Jian "Tai-ming" [hidden email] wrote:

> Tian-Jian "Barabbas" Jiang@Gmail wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I've upgraded my own MediaWiki and tried to enable Template:Languages
>> functionality to support page translation.
>> The result, however, is not correct:
>> http://taipedia.info/mediawiki/index.php/Template:Languages
>>

> For further problematic case, please refer to
> http://taipedia.info/mediawiki/index.php/%E9%A6%96%E9%A0%81/zh-hant and
> http://taipedia.info/mediawiki/index.php/%E9%A6%96%E9%A0%81
Hmmm... seems that my problem is why {{Language}} works fine on
wikimania2007.wikimedia.org
but the tag has to be {{Language|Main Page}} in my site.

m(_ _)m

Cheers,
Mike
Fxp

Re: How to enable Template:Languages functionality

Fxp
It seems to work pretty well now ?

François

FxParlant wrote:
> It seems to work pretty well now ?
>
> François

Dear François and all,

    I'm very sorry for bothering. The problem seems caused by zh-tw
locale and PHP page cache.
Since my mediawiki is set to zh-tw, the Main_Page, for example, will be
首頁 by default. When I
use Template:Languages, I'm not sure and cannot reproduce that if it was
not able to generate
translation pages automatically because that {{Languages|首頁}} seems
not to be equivalent to
{{Languages|Main_Page}}.

    After changing all template tags to English and specifying the
locale explicitly such as
{{Languages|Main_Page|zh-hant}} and clear up PHP page cache, the system
works fine now.

    Thank you for all your patiences.

    Sincerely,
Mike