How to get all the page titles of a category from wiktionary?

How to get all the page titles of a category from wiktionary?

Shrinivasan T
I was looking for a list of all Tamil nouns for long time.

Found that wiktionary has a huge collection of all nouns.

https://ta.wiktionary.org/s/30v
this page lists 24,750 nouns and

https://ta.wiktionary.org/s/4aa9
this page lists 60,553 nouns

How can get all the page names using quarry service?

I can not get all them using api as it has a limit of 500 for normal
user and 5000 for bot user.
Hope querry can be used for this.

I need the list of page names in the category பெயர்ச்சொற்கள் in
https://ta.wiktionary.org

Please help on this.

Thanks.

T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
Free E-Magazine on Free Open Source Software in Tamil : http://kaniyam.com

Get Free Tamil Ebooks for Android, iOS, Kindle, Computer :
http://FreeTamilEbooks.com

Re: How to get all the page titles of a category from wiktionary?

Victor Shepelev
I believe that "500 (5000 for bots)" is a values-per-page limitation, you
can use continue param to fetch several consecutive pages.

> I was looking for a list of all Tamil nouns for long time.
>
> Found that wiktionary has a huge collection of all nouns.
>

> https://ta.wiktionary.org/s/30v
> this page lists 24,750 nouns and
>
> https://ta.wiktionary.org/s/4aa9
> this page lists 60,553 nouns
>
> How can get all the page names using quarry service?
>
> I can not get all them using api as it has a limit of 500 for normal
> user and 5000 for bot user.
> Hope querry can be used for this.
>
> I need the list of page names in the category பெயர்ச்சொற்கள் in
> https://ta.wiktionary.org
>
> Please help on this.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Regards,
> T.Shrinivasan
>

> My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
> Free E-Magazine on Free Open Source Software in Tamil : http://kaniyam.com
>
> Get Free Tamil Ebooks for Android, iOS, Kindle, Computer :
> http://FreeTamilEbooks.com

Re: How to get all the page titles of a category from wiktionary?

יגאל חיטרון
Hi. I just sent you the list, but it waits for moderation because it's too
big.
Igal (User:IKhitron)

> I was looking for a list of all Tamil nouns for long time.
>
> Found that wiktionary has a huge collection of all nouns.
>

> https://ta.wiktionary.org/s/30v
> this page lists 24,750 nouns and
>
> https://ta.wiktionary.org/s/4aa9
> this page lists 60,553 nouns
>
> How can get all the page names using quarry service?
>
> I can not get all them using api as it has a limit of 500 for normal
> user and 5000 for bot user.
> Hope querry can be used for this.
>
> I need the list of page names in the category பெயர்ச்சொற்கள் in
> https://ta.wiktionary.org
>
> Please help on this.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Regards,
> T.Shrinivasan
>

> My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
> Free E-Magazine on Free Open Source Software in Tamil : http://kaniyam.com
>
> Get Free Tamil Ebooks for Android, iOS, Kindle, Computer :
> http://FreeTamilEbooks.com

Re: How to get all the page titles of a category from wiktionary?

Shrinivasan T
> Hi. I just sent you the list, but it waits for moderation because it's too
> big.
> Igal (User:IKhitron)

Zip it and Send me to my email address directly.

Share the quarry query or the used tool/code/script too.

Thanks.

T.Shrinivasan

My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
Free E-Magazine on Free Open Source Software in Tamil : http://kaniyam.com

Get Free Tamil Ebooks for Android, iOS, Kindle, Computer :
http://FreeTamilEbooks.com

Re: How to get all the page titles of a category from wiktionary?

יגאל חיטרון
Done.
Igal

> > Hi. I just sent you the list, but it waits for moderation because it's
> too
> > big.
> > Igal (User:IKhitron)
> >

> Zip it and Send me to my email address directly.
>
> Share the quarry query or the used tool/code/script too.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Regards,
> T.Shrinivasan
>

> My Life with GNU/Linux : http://goinggnu.wordpress.com
> Free E-Magazine on Free Open Source Software in Tamil : http://kaniyam.com
>
> Get Free Tamil Ebooks for Android, iOS, Kindle, Computer :
> http://FreeTamilEbooks.com

Re: How to get all the page titles of a category from wiktionary?

Shrinivasan T
Thanks igal for the files and introducing petscan.

https://petscan.wmflabs.org/

Using that I can get all the page names as csv file.

Thanks for the tool makers too.