How to make a puzzle globe

Re: How to make a puzzle globe

Isabell Long
On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 02:36:02PM +0000, David Gerard wrote:
> http://www.externaute.net/la-globe-en-puzzle-de-wikipedia-en-realite-3d/1071

Haha, love that, very clever!  I want one!

Isabell

Isabell Long <[hidden email]>
[[User:Isabell121]] on all public Wikimedia projects
Freenode Community Co-Ordinator - issyl0 on irc.freenode.net
PGP Key ID: 0xEB83C2BD

Re: How to make a puzzle globe

William Pietri
David Gerard wrote:
> http://www.externaute.net/la-globe-en-puzzle-de-wikipedia-en-realite-3d/1071

English-speakers may wish to consult the original source, the blog of
the globe-makers, here:

http://www.becausewecan.org/Wiki_globe

There are more photos and some explanatory text.

Those in the SF area with an interest in this kind of thing should keep
an eye on their blog for their occasional open houses. E.g.:

http://www.becausewecan.org/october09_eatfoodtalkshop

Not only do you get to see the shop and in-progress projects, but a very
interesting collection of makers turn up there. Last I visited, I met
one couple who built a 3D printer that uses table sugar as the working
medium, and got a great under-the-hood tour of a home-converted electric
car. Very inspiring.

William

Re: How to make a puzzle globe

Effe iets anders
is this the same as the one in the Office?

2009/11/1 William Pietri <[hidden email]>

> David Gerard wrote:
> >
> http://www.externaute.net/la-globe-en-puzzle-de-wikipedia-en-realite-3d/1071
> >

> English-speakers may wish to consult the original source, the blog of
> the globe-makers, here:
>
> http://www.becausewecan.org/Wiki_globe
>
> There are more photos and some explanatory text.
>

> Those in the SF area with an interest in this kind of thing should keep
> an eye on their blog for their occasional open houses. E.g.:
>
> http://www.becausewecan.org/october09_eatfoodtalkshop
>
> Not only do you get to see the shop and in-progress projects, but a very
> interesting collection of makers turn up there. Last I visited, I met
> one couple who built a 3D printer that uses table sugar as the working
> medium, and got a great under-the-hood tour of a home-converted electric
> car. Very inspiring.
>
> William

Re: How to make a puzzle globe

Philippe Beaudette-2
It is.

----------------------------
Philippe Beaudette
[hidden email]

On Nov 1, 2009, at 2:56 PM, effe iets anders
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> is this the same as the one in the Office?
>
> 2009/11/1 William Pietri <[hidden email]>
>
>> David Gerard wrote:
>>>
>> http://www.externaute.net/la-globe-en-puzzle-de-wikipedia-en-realite-3d/1071
>>>

>> English-speakers may wish to consult the original source, the blog of
>> the globe-makers, here:
>>
>> http://www.becausewecan.org/Wiki_globe
>>
>> There are more photos and some explanatory text.
>>

>> Those in the SF area with an interest in this kind of thing should
>> keep
>> an eye on their blog for their occasional open houses. E.g.:
>>
>> http://www.becausewecan.org/october09_eatfoodtalkshop
>>
>> Not only do you get to see the shop and in-progress projects, but a
>> very
>> interesting collection of makers turn up there. Last I visited, I met
>> one couple who built a 3D printer that uses table sugar as the
>> working
>> medium, and got a great under-the-hood tour of a home-converted
>> electric
>> car. Very inspiring.
>>
>> William

Re: How to make a puzzle globe

Delphine Ménard
On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 21:56, effe iets anders <[hidden email]> wrote:
> is this the same as the one in the Office?

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 22:13, Philippe Beaudette
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It is.

It is actually _the_ one at the office, I don't think there are two of
these, are there?

Delphine

--
~notafish

Re: How to make a puzzle globe

Sue Gardner
Yes, correct Delphine. There's only the one :-)

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It is.

It is actually _the_ one at the office, I don't think there are two of
these, are there?

Delphine

--
~notafish

Re: How to make a puzzle globe

metasj
That is delicious.  Maker communities have such good energy.  I particularly
like the look on the face of the hand-painter.

Was there ever a writeup from the puzzlemakers who produced the 3" 3D-JP
puzzleballs, or the large one from Taipei?   (were more of those puzzleballs
made?)  It would also be interesting to see a semitranslucent globe for a
lamp; with the right light you could get a pure white background regardless
of the color of the surroundings.

SJ