How to remove "real name" field from signup?

How to remove "real name" field from signup?

Metaspheres
Hi, how do I remove the "real name" field from the account creation page?

I also have another question about the extension "Bad Behavior" - is this recommended? I was about to install it, but I've read some comments here and there that often ordinary users tend to be get blocked, and also that the author himself is not very friendly (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Bad_Behavior_extension).

Thanks.

Sven

Re: How to remove "real name" field from signup?

Rob Church
On 10/05/06, Metaspheres <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, how do I remove the "real name" field from the account creation page?

To disable "real names", set $wgAllowRealNames = false;

Rob Church

Re: How to remove "real name" field from signup?

COURTAUD Didier
Is there a page somewhere where all the possible variables beginning by $wg are listed with their signification  ?

Didier Courtaud

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 01:25:16AM +0100, Rob Church wrote:

> On 10/05/06, Metaspheres <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi, how do I remove the "real name" field from the account creation page?
>
> To disable "real names", set $wgAllowRealNames = false;
>

> Rob Church

Re: How to remove "real name" field from signup?

Rotem Liss
The file includes/DefaultSettings.php includes all the possible
variables with some comments about each of them, and default values. A
documentation based on this file is also available:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Configuration_settings.

Didier Courtaud wrote:

>Is there a page somewhere where all the possible variables beginning by $wg are listed with their signification  ?
>
>Didier Courtaud
>
>On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 01:25:16AM +0100, Rob Church wrote:
>

>>On 10/05/06, Metaspheres <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi, how do I remove the "real name" field from the account creation page?
>>>

>>To disable "real names", set $wgAllowRealNames = false;
>>

>>Rob Church

#define Name RotemLiss
#define Mail mailSTRUDELrotemlissDOTcom
#define Site www.rotemliss.com