Howdy from Wil

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Howdy from Wil

Wil Sinclair
I'm Wil Sinclair, Lila Tretikov's significant other.

I've always wanted a good excuse to get involved in the Wikipedia
project and the Wikipedia community. Lila's appointment would be about
as good as it gets. :)

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and understanding more
about how the community and the Foundation tick. Feel free to contact
me directly at wllm(at)wllm(dot)com anytime about anything.

Best.
,Wil

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Howdy from Wil

I Love Plankton
Sounds like a match made in heaven
On May 4, 2014 6:21 PM, "Wil Sinclair" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm Wil Sinclair, Lila Tretikov's significant other.
>
> I've always wanted a good excuse to get involved in the Wikipedia
> project and the Wikipedia community. Lila's appointment would be about
> as good as it gets. :)
>
> I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and understanding more
> about how the community and the Foundation tick. Feel free to contact
> me directly at wllm(at)wllm(dot)com anytime about anything.
>
> Best.
> ,Wil
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>
_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Howdy from Wil

Gerard Meijssen-3
In reply to this post by Wil Sinclair
Hoi,
Your significant other is the executive director of the Wikimedia
Foundation. It is a bit more than just Wikipedia..

<grin> as you are "looking forward to getting to know everyone", does this
include the "rest" as well </grin>
Thanks,
      GerardM


On 5 May 2014 01:21, Wil Sinclair <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm Wil Sinclair, Lila Tretikov's significant other.
>
> I've always wanted a good excuse to get involved in the Wikipedia
> project and the Wikipedia community. Lila's appointment would be about
> as good as it gets. :)
>
> I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and understanding more
> about how the community and the Foundation tick. Feel free to contact
> me directly at wllm(at)wllm(dot)com anytime about anything.
>
> Best.
> ,Wil
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>
_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Howdy from Wil

Wil Sinclair
True. I'll start with Wikipedia and branch out from there. :)

I'm not sure whom you're referring to as the "rest," but everyone
means everyone.

,Wil

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 11:07 PM, Gerard Meijssen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hoi,
> Your significant other is the executive director of the Wikimedia
> Foundation. It is a bit more than just Wikipedia..
>
> <grin> as you are "looking forward to getting to know everyone", does this
> include the "rest" as well </grin>
> Thanks,
>       GerardM
>
>
> On 5 May 2014 01:21, Wil Sinclair <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm Wil Sinclair, Lila Tretikov's significant other.
>>
>> I've always wanted a good excuse to get involved in the Wikipedia
>> project and the Wikipedia community. Lila's appointment would be about
>> as good as it gets. :)
>>
>> I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and understanding more
>> about how the community and the Foundation tick. Feel free to contact
>> me directly at wllm(at)wllm(dot)com anytime about anything.
>>
>> Best.
>> ,Wil
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wikipedia-l mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Howdy from Wil

lennart guldbrandsson-2
Hello from Sweden! Very commendable of you to a) use this excuse to start getting to know the Wikimedia universe and b) introducing yourself here. Good luck! Do you have a user name/account yet?


Best wishes,

Lennart Guldbrandsson

070 - 207 80 05
http://www.elementx.se - arbete
http://www.mrchapel.wordpress.com - personlig blogg


Presentation
@aliasHannibal - på Twitter

"Tänk dig en värld där varje människa på den här planeten får fri tillgång till världens samlade kunskap. Det är vårt mål."


Jimmy Wales

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 00:05:32 -0700
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Wikipedia-l] Howdy from Wil
>
> True. I'll start with Wikipedia and branch out from there. :)
>
> I'm not sure whom you're referring to as the "rest," but everyone
> means everyone.
>
> ,Wil
>
> On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 11:07 PM, Gerard Meijssen
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hoi,
> > Your significant other is the executive director of the Wikimedia
> > Foundation. It is a bit more than just Wikipedia..
> >
> > <grin> as you are "looking forward to getting to know everyone", does this
> > include the "rest" as well </grin>
> > Thanks,
> >       GerardM
> >
> >
> > On 5 May 2014 01:21, Wil Sinclair <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm Wil Sinclair, Lila Tretikov's significant other.
> >>
> >> I've always wanted a good excuse to get involved in the Wikipedia
> >> project and the Wikipedia community. Lila's appointment would be about
> >> as good as it gets. :)
> >>
> >> I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and understanding more
> >> about how the community and the Foundation tick. Feel free to contact
> >> me directly at wllm(at)wllm(dot)com anytime about anything.
> >>
> >> Best.
> >> ,Wil
> >>
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> >> [hidden email]
> >> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
> >>
> > _______________________________________________
> > Wikipedia-l mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
     
_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Howdy from Wil

Wil Sinclair
Yeap. I've had it for years, but never used it enough: wllm.

,Wil

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 12:09 AM, Lennart Guldbrandsson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello from Sweden! Very commendable of you to a) use this excuse to start getting to know the Wikimedia universe and b) introducing yourself here. Good luck! Do you have a user name/account yet?
>
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Lennart Guldbrandsson
>
> 070 - 207 80 05
> http://www.elementx.se - arbete
> http://www.mrchapel.wordpress.com - personlig blogg
>
>
> Presentation
> @aliasHannibal - på Twitter
>
> "Tänk dig en värld där varje människa på den här planeten får fri tillgång till världens samlade kunskap. Det är vårt mål."
>
>
> Jimmy Wales
>
>> From: [hidden email]
>> Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 00:05:32 -0700
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [Wikipedia-l] Howdy from Wil
>>
>> True. I'll start with Wikipedia and branch out from there. :)
>>
>> I'm not sure whom you're referring to as the "rest," but everyone
>> means everyone.
>>
>> ,Wil
>>
>> On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 11:07 PM, Gerard Meijssen
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hoi,
>> > Your significant other is the executive director of the Wikimedia
>> > Foundation. It is a bit more than just Wikipedia..
>> >
>> > <grin> as you are "looking forward to getting to know everyone", does this
>> > include the "rest" as well </grin>
>> > Thanks,
>> >       GerardM
>> >
>> >
>> > On 5 May 2014 01:21, Wil Sinclair <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> >> I'm Wil Sinclair, Lila Tretikov's significant other.
>> >>
>> >> I've always wanted a good excuse to get involved in the Wikipedia
>> >> project and the Wikipedia community. Lila's appointment would be about
>> >> as good as it gets. :)
>> >>
>> >> I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and understanding more
>> >> about how the community and the Foundation tick. Feel free to contact
>> >> me directly at wllm(at)wllm(dot)com anytime about anything.
>> >>
>> >> Best.
>> >> ,Wil
>> >>
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> Wikipedia-l mailing list
>> >> [hidden email]
>> >> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>> >>
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > Wikipedia-l mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Wikipedia-l mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Howdy from Wil

Amir E. Aharoni
In reply to this post by Wil Sinclair
Hi Wil, and welcome to our little universe!
As a practical suggestion, this mailing list called "wikipedia-l" is hardly
active. Most of the community discussions are on the wikimedia-l mailing
list, on language-specific lists such as wikien-l (for the English
Wikipedia), and on topic lists such as wikitech-l (software development),
translators-l (translation), etc.
You can find the complete directory of the mailing lists at
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/ .
On each of the Wikimedia sites there are also pages for community
discussions, with names such as "Village Pump", "Cafe", etc.
We like to talk a lot :)


--
Amir Elisha Aharoni · אָמִיר אֱלִישָׁע אַהֲרוֹנִי
http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬


2014-05-05 1:21 GMT+02:00 Wil Sinclair <[hidden email]>:

> I'm Wil Sinclair, Lila Tretikov's significant other.
>
> I've always wanted a good excuse to get involved in the Wikipedia
> project and the Wikipedia community. Lila's appointment would be about
> as good as it gets. :)
>
> I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and understanding more
> about how the community and the Foundation tick. Feel free to contact
> me directly at wllm(at)wllm(dot)com anytime about anything.
>
> Best.
> ,Wil
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
>
_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Howdy from Wil

Federico Leva (Nemo)
In reply to this post by Wil Sinclair
Hello!

Wil Sinclair, 05/05/2014 09:21:
> Yeap. I've had it for years, but never used it enough: wllm.

Nice. First things first, prevent others from impersonating you on other
wikis: it takes a couple clicks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MergeAccount
You can then start your journey across "the rest", that is:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_projects
And to get even more general:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_movement

By the way, you probably want to revert your last two edits in main
namespace yourself, and continue on talk page only. After a brief look
to local policies and guidelines you'll acknowledge it's better to start
with something easier.

Nemo

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Howdy from Wil

Kim Bruning
In reply to this post by Wil Sinclair

Well, good luck, and don't forget to ask people about Greg Maxwell.


sincerely,
        Kim Bruning

ps. If he complains about me telling you to stalk him, tell him to feel free
to whack me over the head with a wiffle bat in london O:-)


On Sun, May 04, 2014 at 04:21:22PM -0700, Wil Sinclair wrote:

> I'm Wil Sinclair, Lila Tretikov's significant other.
>
> I've always wanted a good excuse to get involved in the Wikipedia
> project and the Wikipedia community. Lila's appointment would be about
> as good as it gets. :)
>
> I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and understanding more
> about how the community and the Foundation tick. Feel free to contact
> me directly at wllm(at)wllm(dot)com anytime about anything.
>
> Best.
> ,Wil
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wikipedia-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l

--
[Non-pgp mail clients may show pgp-signature as attachment]
gpg (www.gnupg.org) Fingerprint for key  FEF9DD72
5ED6 E215 73EE AD84 E03A  01C5 94AC 7B0E FEF9 DD72

_______________________________________________
Wikipedia-l mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l