Huge output in Site statistics

sakura.i8i
I was looking at our site statistics but I was surprised with the result.

Its says:
---
There are *1,542,401* total pages in the database. This includes "talk"
pages, pages about Wikology, minimal "stub" pages, redirects, and others
that probably don't qualify as content pages. Excluding those, there are *
18,446,744,073,709,551,615* pages that are probably legitimate content
pages.

There have been a total of *26,075* page views, and *592* page edits since
the wiki was setup. That comes to *0.00* average edits per page, and
*44.05*views per edit.
---

The total pages is quite accurate but I wonder where
*18,446,744,073,709,551,615
*came? I tried to look at the codes and google but i cant find any
explanation of such huge number. Can anyone tell me?

RE: Huge output in Site statistics

Arthur Guy-2
That happens when you take 1 away from 0

Regards,

Arthur Guy

Re: Huge output in Site statistics

sakura.i8i
Oh, what does that mean? How can i change it to a more accurate one? Could
you please explain more..

Thanks.

On 2/7/06, Arthur Guy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That happens when you take 1 away from 0
>
> Regards,
>
> Arthur Guy

RE: Huge output in Site statistics

Arthur Guy-2
The variable used can only hold a number so big and no negative numbers,
so when you take 0 and subtract one from it, it roles back to the
biggest number.
You can fix it by creating an article or by editing the database and
changing the number.

Arthur
[hidden email]
Oh, what does that mean? How can i change it to a more accurate one?
Could
you please explain more..

Thanks.

On 2/7/06, Arthur Guy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That happens when you take 1 away from 0
>
> Regards,
>
> Arthur Guy

Re: Huge output in Site statistics

Rob Church
See the initStats.php maintenance script which appears to read and
reset this stuff.

Rob Church

> Oh, what does that mean? How can i change it to a more accurate one? Could
> you please explain more..
>
> Thanks.
>

> On 2/7/06, Arthur Guy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > That happens when you take 1 away from 0
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Arthur Guy

Re: Huge output in Site statistics

sakura.i8i
Ok. Thank you very much to both of you :)