I have deja vu from Berlin 2010...

Itzik - Wikimedia Israel

Regards,
Itzik Edri
Chairperson, Wikimedia Israel
+972-(0)-54-5878078 | http://www.wikimedia.org.il
Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment!

Re: I have deja vu from Berlin 2010...

Ivan Martínez
Hi Itzik! I remember many wikipedians were stranded at Berlin!

The Colima volcano does not represent any risk for Mexico City due is located more than 700 kilometer. Indeed for the big cities close to the state where the volcano is located, there is no flight alert issued so far. Maybe if someone in the community have planned visit Jalisco or Colima cities will need to be pending of the news.

Warmly,

Itzik Edri
Chairperson, Wikimedia Israel
Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment!

Iván Martínez
Wikimanía 2015 Chief Coordinator
User:ProtoplasmaKid
@protoplasmakid
http://wikimania2015.wikimedia.org

Hemos creado la más grande colección de conocimiento compartido. Ayuda a proteger a Wikipedia, dona ahora:
https://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: I have deja vu from Berlin 2010...

Salvador A
(Maybe the volcanoes are sensitive to high concentrations of wikimedians :P)

The biggest cities near from volcano are Colima and Guadalajara and there is not any alert or flight cancellations so far.

The Interior Ministry of Mexico (SEGOB) has said that is expected that the volcano activity will diminish in the following days.

Nothing to fear.

[...]

Salvador Alcántar
@salvador_alc

Re: I have deja vu from Berlin 2010...

Itzik - Wikimedia Israel

It was a joke, yes? I'll be more than happy to be stay longer using the excuse "the airport is close" 😜

- Sent from my mobile device.

On Jul 12, 2015 10:41 PM, "Salvador A" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jan Ainali
Only 700 km?

I would say that would be a big risk, considering the distance between Berlin and Eyjafjallajökull is 2267 km. [1]

[1] http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=distance+between+berlin+and+Eyjafjallaj%C3%B6kull

/Jan