IIS Test Environment (Short URLs)

Daniel Friesen-4
I've finished Nginx and Lighttpd support for the short URL building tool
(http://shorturls.redwerks.org/) and I also have unfinished support for
thumbnail handlers on the alpha (http://shorturls.jade.redwerks.org/).

I am wondering if anyone has spare resources they can use to give me a
temporary test environment for IIS with administrator privileges.
Essentially I want to setup IIS, install MediaWiki on it, and then
configure short urls on it determining the best way to do it as I have
done for both Nginx and Lighttpd. Then after that implement support for it
into the short URL builder and then re-configure the server and wiki to
make sure the config works.

Re: IIS Test Environment (Short URLs)

Sumana Harihareswara-2
On 02/27/2012 03:38 AM, Daniel Friesen wrote:

> I've finished Nginx and Lighttpd support for the short URL building tool
> (http://shorturls.redwerks.org/) and I also have unfinished support for
> thumbnail handlers on the alpha (http://shorturls.jade.redwerks.org/).
>
> I am wondering if anyone has spare resources they can use to give me a
> temporary test environment for IIS with administrator privileges.
> Essentially I want to setup IIS, install MediaWiki on it, and then
> configure short urls on it determining the best way to do it as I have
> done for both Nginx and Lighttpd. Then after that implement support for
> it into the short URL builder and then re-configure the server and wiki
> to make sure the config works.

I have a couple of contacts at Microsoft who might be able to help you
out.  Contacting them.  Grace, Doug, can you get this MediaWiki
developer a test environment with IIS?

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Volunteer Development Coordinator

Re: IIS Test Environment (Short URLs)

Huib Laurens
I have a iis server aivable that is currently not in use. You could
use that if it can be europe based,

2012/2/27, Sumana Harihareswara <[hidden email]>:

> On 02/27/2012 03:38 AM, Daniel Friesen wrote:
>> I've finished Nginx and Lighttpd support for the short URL building tool
>> (http://shorturls.redwerks.org/) and I also have unfinished support for
>> thumbnail handlers on the alpha (http://shorturls.jade.redwerks.org/).
>>
>> I am wondering if anyone has spare resources they can use to give me a
>> temporary test environment for IIS with administrator privileges.
>> Essentially I want to setup IIS, install MediaWiki on it, and then
>> configure short urls on it determining the best way to do it as I have
>> done for both Nginx and Lighttpd. Then after that implement support for
>> it into the short URL builder and then re-configure the server and wiki
>> to make sure the config works.
>
> I have a couple of contacts at Microsoft who might be able to help you
> out.  Contacting them.  Grace, Doug, can you get this MediaWiki
> developer a test environment with IIS?
>
> --
> Sumana Harihareswara
> Volunteer Development Coordinator