IRC Office Hours on English Wikipedia Dispute Resolution

IRC Office Hours on English Wikipedia Dispute Resolution

Steven Zhang-2
Hello everyone,

I'd like to invite you all to an IRC Office Hours this coming Saturday, 28th July 2012 at 20:00 UTC in #wikimedia-office (time zone information: http://tinyurl.com/bmp7zaw).

In this meeting, I will be there to provide an update on my fellowship as well as answer any questions. I'll also appreciate any feedback, comments or suggestions on dispute resolution in general, and will be discussing the new universal dispute resolution wizard that is in development, which I could use some feedback and ideas on.

Please mark this date in your calendar if you wish to participate in the
discussion. I will send a reminder about this on Friday.

Regards,

Steven Zhang
Community Fellow, Wikimedia Foundation

IRC Office Hours on English Wikipedia Dispute Resolution - correct date

cro0016
Hello everyone,

I'd like to invite you all to an IRC Office Hours this coming Saturday, 1st December 2012 at 20:00 UTC in #wikimedia-office (time zone information: http://tinyurl.com/bmp7zaw).

In this meeting, I will be there to provide an update on my fellowship as well as answer any questions. I'll also appreciate any feedback, comments or suggestions on dispute resolution in general, and will be discussing the new universal dispute resolution wizard that is in development, which I could use some feedback and ideas on.

Please mark this date in your calendar if you wish to participate in the
discussion. I will send a reminder about this on Friday.

Regards,

Steven Zhang
Community Fellow, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: IRC Office Hours on English Wikipedia Dispute Resolution - correct date

Steven Zhang-2
Hi all,

Just a reminder - this is taking place in around 30 minutes.
Steven Zhang
Community Fellow, Wikimedia Foundation
[hidden email]

On 29/11/2012, at 1:09 PM, Steven Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'd like to invite you all to an IRC Office Hours this coming Saturday, 1st December 2012 at 20:00 UTC in #wikimedia-office (time zone information: http://tinyurl.com/bmp7zaw).
>
> In this meeting, I will be there to provide an update on my fellowship as well as answer any questions. I'll also appreciate any feedback, comments or suggestions on dispute resolution in general, and will be discussing the new universal dispute resolution wizard that is in development, which I could use some feedback and ideas on.
>
> Please mark this date in your calendar if you wish to participate in the
> discussion. I will send a reminder about this on Friday.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steven Zhang
> Community Fellow, Wikimedia Foundation

List admin

Rich Farmbrough
Can a list admin please investigate why I'm not receiving anything from
this list?

Re: List admin

David Gerard-2
On 24 December 2012 12:46, Richard Farmbrough <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can a list admin please investigate why I'm not receiving anything from this
> list?

Because there hasn't been any.

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2012-December/thread.html

- d.

Re: List admin - in that case

Rich Farmbrough
Merry Christmas to all our readers!

Re: List admin

Andrew Gray-3
On 24 December 2012 12:48, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 24 December 2012 12:46, Richard Farmbrough <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Can a list admin please investigate why I'm not receiving anything from this
>> list?
>
> Because there hasn't been any.
>
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2012-December/thread.html

It seems that the blurring of traffic between wikien-l and
foundation-l over the past few years reached a tipping point with the
renaming of it as the (more easily confused) wikimedia-l.

I wonder if a "please remember your mailing lists in 2013" message
might help make non-enwiki readers of wikimedia-l a bit less
overwelmed ;-)

--
- Andrew Gray

Re: List admin

Carcharoth
On 12/24/12, Andrew Gray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 24 December 2012 12:48, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 24 December 2012 12:46, Richard Farmbrough <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Can a list admin please investigate why I'm not receiving anything from
>>> this
>>> list?
>>
>> Because there hasn't been any.
>>
>> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2012-December/thread.html
>
> It seems that the blurring of traffic between wikien-l and
> foundation-l over the past few years reached a tipping point with the
> renaming of it as the (more easily confused) wikimedia-l.
>
> I wonder if a "please remember your mailing lists in 2013" message
> might help make non-enwiki readers of wikimedia-l a bit less
> overwelmed ;-)

I was about to subscribe to wikimedia-l... At the moment, I just
browse the archives over there and subscribe to this one (which is
very low traffic now). Maybe a thread on which mailing lists people
use? Or on the new namespaces that I only just noticed a few months
ago? (That would at least be about en-Wikipedia).

Carcharoth