[IRC]: Social Media pilot IRC at 8:00 p.m (IST) on 21st June (today)

[IRC]: Social Media pilot IRC at 8:00 p.m (IST) on 21st June (today)

Noopur Raval
Dear all,

Just a gentle reminder for today's IRC on Social Media pilot at 8:00 p.m
(IST). You can join the meetup by clicking on this link:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#wikimedia-office . Enter a nickname
and channel name is #wikimedia-office.

Since there is another IRC scheduled at 9:00 p.m for Wiki Loves Monuments
in India, we'll try and wrap this up by sharp 9:00 p.m. We'll be discussing
the progress on the already active social media groups (English and Odia),
explaining strategies to start it on new groups, discussing ways to retain
new editors. For those of you who may not have been following this
discussion, here's the link to the Social Media
pilot<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/India_Program/Pilot_Designs/Social_Media>that
we are running on Facebook right now. Here's the link to the blog
post<https://blog.wikimedia.org/2012/06/20/social-media-for-wikipedia-outreach-india-program-pilot/>on
the Social Media pilot.

Since this has been a collaborative process, I would urge all the mentors
(existing editors who are helping out on Facebook) to attend the IRC. Your
inputs and suggestions would be really helpful in deciding the course of
action further.

See you there!

--
Noopur Raval