Icon in Wikipedia-Link & Printing a page

Icon in Wikipedia-Link & Printing a page

WikiPlant
Hi!
How is it possible to show a little Icon next to a Wikipedia-Link?
And how can you define a page's print view?

Greetings from Berlin!
flo

Fxp

Re: Icon in Wikipedia-Link & Printing a page

Fxp
[hidden email] a écrit :
> Hi!
> How is it possible to show a little Icon next to a Wikipedia-Link?
> And how can you define a page's print view?
>
> Greetings from Berlin!
> flo

Icons in links are setup in the css page (if you didn't change the
default skin, it is in mediawiki>skins>monobook>main.css

You will find declarations on icons for some links:
.link-https {
        background: url(lock_icon.gif) center right no-repeat;
        padding-right: 16px;
}

You will have to set a rule for links without specific class... this
might be a bit tricky, try to ask a css master if nobody wiser answers
you on this list.

*****
for the page print view, the call to the css appears in the source of
any page of your wiki: maybe by just replacing this file can you change
the printing setup... but I'm no expert.

Hope this helps

François

Re: Icon in Wikipedia-Link & Printing a page

Roger_Chrisman
[hidden email] wrote:
> And how can you define a page's print view?

I am no expert but have found that to change the look of a printed
MediaWiki page, I can customize commonPrint.css which is here:

      mediawiki-dir/skins/common/commonPrint.css

To quickly test my edits to commonPrint.css, I view a wiki page in
Firefox (with page cache set to 0) and look at its print preview,
Firefox: File > Print Preview

Note: Print Setup (margins and such) is controlled by each visitors own
browser preferences, such as in
Firefox: File > Page Setup...
which I believe a website has no controll over.

Roger :-)              http://wikigogy.org   -   free resources for
                 teachers of English as a second or foreign language