Quantcast

Idea about Localization

Pascal Beaujeant-2
Hi,

With all tools available in Semantic Media Wiki, the trouble is for exemple when using Drilldown, Forms, properties names and so.
It should be interesting to have a equivalent property type or a subproperty (like subcategories like Proposal/fr or Proposal/en)

For equivalence without subpages :
For example, A property with the name : Nom-de-Proposition (the French) get a equivalent property name : Proposal-Name (the english). When the property "Nom-de-Proposition" receive a value, the "Proposal-Name" get also the value (like an alias).

For equivalent with subpages (as Categories):
For example, the property Proposal-Name/fr, Proposal-Name/nl if exist and be filled with the proposal-Name content.

For example when using a drilldown, the equivalent properties are shown.
For the multiple fonctionnalities of Semantic MediaWiki tools, the multiples instances of the equivalent properties are shown.

It's the beginning and best regards.

Pascal

Re: Idea about Localization

badon
This is a good idea. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to localize property values, but the property names themselves should be localized too. For something like Semantic Forms, full localization of property names and property values is going to be a challenge.

Re: Idea about Localization

rotsee

> This is a good idea. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to localize
> property values, but the property names themselves should be localized too.
> For something like Semantic Forms, full localization of property names and
> property values is going to be a challenge.

+1 on that.
A much simpler, but related task: Shouldn't the names of special properties be localized? Like we did here: https://github.com/rotsee/Semantic-Extra-Special-Properties/blob/master/SemanticExtraSpecialProperties.i18n.php
/Leo Wallentin
---
Leo Wallentin
Skype: leo_wallentin