Quantcast

Illustrated Wikispecies Tree of Life

Andrew Leung-5

Dear all,

A Wikispecies editor created an interactive illustrated Tree of Life [1] based on the Wikispecies data dump file. It's cool, go check it out!

[1] http://web.linguist.umass.edu/~constant/LifeTree/index.html

Andrew (User:OhanaUnited)

"Fill the world with children who care and things start looking up."

Re: Illustrated Wikispecies Tree of Life

Andrew Leung-5

Due to the overwhelming response, the link posted earlier experienced significant slow down. Using this opportunity, the author updated the website and relocated to a site that can handle higher traffic. You can visit the updated version at http://www.yikes.com/~noah/LifeTree/index.html

Andrew

"Fill the world with children who care and things start looking up."

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 02:35:14 -0500
> Subject: [Wikispecies-l] Illustrated Wikispecies Tree of Life
>

> Dear all,
>
> A Wikispecies editor created an interactive illustrated Tree of Life [1] based on the Wikispecies data dump file. It's cool, go check it out!
>
> [1] http://web.linguist.umass.edu/~constant/LifeTree/index.html
>
> Andrew (User:OhanaUnited)
>
> "Fill the world with children who care and things start looking up."

Re: Illustrated Wikispecies Tree of Life

Allan Sauter
This is absolutely wonderful work Andrew - thanks much!  The only
suggestion I have at this time for the title page is that you either ensure
all text is visible for small monitors without pinch-and-spread video
displays.
I look forward to exploring, learning, and adding to this collection!
Allan

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Andrew Leung <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Due to the overwhelming response, the link posted earlier experienced
> significant slow down. Using this opportunity, the author updated the
> website and relocated to a site that can handle higher traffic. You can
> visit the updated version at
> http://www.yikes.com/~noah/LifeTree/index.html
>
> Andrew
>
> "Fill the world with children who care and things start looking up."
>

> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 02:35:14 -0500
> > Subject: [Wikispecies-l] Illustrated Wikispecies Tree of Life
> >

> > Dear all,
> >
> > A Wikispecies editor created an interactive illustrated Tree of Life [1]
> based on the Wikispecies data dump file. It's cool, go check it out!
> >
> > [1] http://web.linguist.umass.edu/~constant/LifeTree/index.html
> >
> > Andrew (User:OhanaUnited)
> >
> > "Fill the world with children who care and things start looking up."

Re: Illustrated Wikispecies Tree of Life

Andrew Leung-5

Allan, it was User:Lifetree who created the site so I shouldn't be taking the credit for his work. Everyone, please feel free to join the ongoing discussion over here [1], particularly if you have any comments/suggestions/corrections to the site.

[1] http://species.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikispecies:Village_Pump#Illustrated_Wikispecies_Tree

Andrew

"Fill the world with children who care and things start looking up."

From: [hidden email]
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:16:33 -0700
Subject: Re: [Wikispecies-l] Illustrated Wikispecies Tree of Life
To: [hidden email]