Im Westen nichts Neues

Rama Neko
But I'll make a review of the progress on Swiss museums, or lack
thereof, nevertheless.

The aim is to obtain a maximum of Free media from museums in
Switzerland (French-speaking in my case because I'm based in
Lausanne). So far, I've not found anybody willing to consider a
partnership on the same magnitude than what's happened between
Toulouse and Wikimedia France (See
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Muséum_de_Toulouse and
links at bottom). So for now everything is made on a small-scale,
case-by-case basis.

Most museums allow photography without a flash. Interestingly, a
number of museums allow it with a tripod, either as a matter of policy
(Morges, Vevey, Musée Bolo, Vidy) or when you suavely sweet-talk the
cashier at the entrance (Lausanne, etc.).
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Château_de_Morges
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Musée_de_la_photographie_de_Vevey
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Musée_Bolo
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Musée_romain_de_Vidy
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Musée_historique_de_Lausanne
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Musée_historique_de_Vevey

Some of the most important ones apparently can't even be bothered to
tell us to sod off (Neuchâtel).

There is a slight tendency of some institutions to try and provide
material themselves under a Free licence, usually at a low resolution.
The Laténium has indicated an interest in doing this, though not much
has materialised, and the Musée d'Histoire du Valais has provided
this:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Rama/Département_Préhistoire_et_Antiquité_du_Musée_d'Histoire_du_Valais

To summarise, moral is good (mostly because we can't really *lose"
what we've already got, so we have a monotonically increasing amount
of material), and progress is steady at the rate suggested in the
following video from 4:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm3c0olAzvw

Cheers!
  -- Rama

Re: Im Westen nichts Neues

Nicolas Guérin-3
Hi,

Just to say, that i have a lot of pictures from museums in Zürich and Berne.
I have as well pictures from other museums in the rest of Europ.
Totally, thousands of pictures that could be released on Commons.

I just miss time to order them and to download them.
If someone could help me...

   Nicolas

2010/10/13 Rama Neko <[hidden email]>
[...]

Ilario Valdelli
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Nicolas Guérin
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just to say, that i have a lot of pictures from museums in Zürich and Berne.
> I have as well pictures from other museums in the rest of Europ.
> Totally, thousands of pictures that could be released on Commons.
>
> I just miss time to order them and to download them.
> If someone could help me...
>
>    Nicolas

At the same time I am working for something similar for Italian side
with the name of "wikigite" (wikitour) to have access in closed
monuments or in inaccessible areas.

I am working like Indiana Jones to climb mountains to arrive in
solitary towers to document the state and the history.

I am describing my efforts here: http://navigarespaziare.blogspot.com/

At moment I am in a first step and working with two important sites: a
small museum and an archeological site and I am marking closely the
responsibles of them.

I think that we can work good for well-known monuments, but we can
work better for forgotten monuments and for closed work of arts.

My lists are these:

a) http://www.bak.admin.ch/isos/index.html?lang=fr
b) http://www.ti.ch/dt/dstm/SST/UffPMS/Temi/Ibc/consultazione/Elenco.asp
c) http://www.bevoelkerungsschutz.admin.ch/internet/bs/fr/home/themen/kgs/kgs_inventar.html

My idea it's a little bit complicated because I would not take ONLY
photos, but I would share knowledge, invite museums or governments to
collaborate and to create a network of contacts.

At the same time I am collecting materials to have a "wikimedia CH
press" to produce ebooks like monographs to distribute for free with
the WM CH logo.

If you like we can start to work together to create a "format" like an
open project or an open workspace.

Ilario

Re: Im Westen nichts Neues

Rama Neko
I have just noticed that the Natural History museum in Zurich allows
photography with tripods.

It would be interesting to takes photographs there -- possibly prepare
a collective trip where we could exchange tips and tricks, and have a
beer afterwards.
  -- Rama

On 13/10/2010, Ilario Valdelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 1:42 PM, Nicolas Guérin
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just to say, that i have a lot of pictures from museums in Zürich and
>> Berne.
>> I have as well pictures from other museums in the rest of Europ.
>> Totally, thousands of pictures that could be released on Commons.
>>
>> I just miss time to order them and to download them.
>> If someone could help me...
>>
>>    Nicolas
>>

> At the same time I am working for something similar for Italian side
> with the name of "wikigite" (wikitour) to have access in closed
> monuments or in inaccessible areas.
>
> I am working like Indiana Jones to climb mountains to arrive in
> solitary towers to document the state and the history.
>
> I am describing my efforts here: http://navigarespaziare.blogspot.com/
>
> At moment I am in a first step and working with two important sites: a
> small museum and an archeological site and I am marking closely the
> responsibles of them.
>
> I think that we can work good for well-known monuments, but we can
> work better for forgotten monuments and for closed work of arts.
>
> My lists are these:
>
> a) http://www.bak.admin.ch/isos/index.html?lang=fr
> b) http://www.ti.ch/dt/dstm/SST/UffPMS/Temi/Ibc/consultazione/Elenco.asp
> c)
> http://www.bevoelkerungsschutz.admin.ch/internet/bs/fr/home/themen/kgs/kgs_inventar.html
>
> My idea it's a little bit complicated because I would not take ONLY
> photos, but I would share knowledge, invite museums or governments to
> collaborate and to create a network of contacts.
>
> At the same time I am collecting materials to have a "wikimedia CH
> press" to produce ebooks like monographs to distribute for free with
> the WM CH logo.
>
> If you like we can start to work together to create a "format" like an
> open project or an open workspace.
>
> Ilario

Re: Im Westen nichts Neues

Ilario Valdelli
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Rama Neko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have just noticed that the Natural History museum in Zurich allows
> photography with tripods.
>
> It would be interesting to takes photographs there -- possibly prepare
> a collective trip where we could exchange tips and tricks, and have a
> beer afterwards.
>  -- Rama

Dear Rama,
I think that this could be helpful:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:When_to_use_the_PD-Art_tag#The_position_of_the_WMF

Ilario

Re: Im Westen nichts Neues

Rama Neko
No, that is completely orthogonal to the issue being discussed.
  -- Rama