Image properties

Magnus Manske-2
Hi,

IMHO the function that is missing the most in api.php is image
properties (width, height, size, media type, etc); the equivalent of
imageinfo on query.php.

When this is added, it might be nice to get information about the
thumbnail name as well, with a placeholder for the thumbnail width.

Also, one might want to think of making "file" an equivalent to
"image", so that "image" can be abolished later. Finding oggs in your
"image" list can be quite surprising otherwise :-)

So far my list of demands to be solved today ;-)

Cheers,
Magnus

Image properties

Yuri Astrakhan
ImageInfo has already been implemented and checked in, pending server
sync. At this point it will simply show which repository the item is
coming from, without letting the client control which repository is
searched.

Yes, image tag is confusing because it may contain any file type, but
we use the word image for everything. I could rename imageinfo into
fileinfo (fi), images(im)->files(fs), imageusage(iu)->fileusage(fu).
Fileinfo would still return data about image size, exif, etc. The
image NS would remain, but will be treated as file NS.  Up to the
community?

No thumbnail support, although it is a definite possibility for the
future. Please describe how you think it should be implemented at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Query_-_Page_Info#imageinfo_.2F_ii_.28done.29

* prop=imageinfo (ii) *
  Returns image information and upload history
Parameters:
  iiprop         - What image information to get.
                   Values (separate with '|'): timestamp, user,
comment, url, size
                   Default: timestamp|user
  iihistory      - Include upload history