Importing DBpedia data into SMW

Michael L'Heureux
Hi,

I'm working on implementing a private SMW-based wiki and am interested in
the possiblity of importing semantic data from dbpedia/wikipedia,
specifically infobox values from Wikipedia articles about companies. These
don't need to be kept up to date, but it would be nice if they were
automatically pulled when a new page was created whose name matches an
existing Wikipedia page.

What's the best way to do this?

Using LinkedWiki extension and running a query in a template?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Michael

Re: Importing DBpedia data into SMW

planetenxin
Michael,

I would do it as follows:

1) Install Pentaho PDI Open Source ETL tool with openrdf-plugin [1]

Write a PDI job to
2) Query dbpedia SPARQL endpoint
3) Check if page exists/needs update using MediaWiki API
4) Write pages (templates with your annotations) to the wiki using
MediaWiki API.

This recipe sounds complicated but is very flexible if you need to
quality check or transform the data before writing to the wiki.

/Alexander

[1] https://code.google.com/p/kettle-openrdf-plugin/

Am 20.01.2015 um 00:26 schrieb Michael L'Heureux:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on implementing a private SMW-based wiki and am interested in
> the possiblity of importing semantic data from dbpedia/wikipedia,
> specifically infobox values from Wikipedia articles about companies. These
> don't need to be kept up to date, but it would be nice if they were
> automatically pulled when a new page was created whose name matches an
> existing Wikipedia page.
>
> What's the best way to do this?
>
> Using LinkedWiki extension and running a query in a template?
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice!
>
> Michael

semantic::apps by gesinn.it
Business Applications with Semantic Mediawiki.
http://semantic-apps.com