In Memoriam at Wikimania

Cornelius Kibelka

Dear Wikimedians,

We would like to use the opportunity of our global gathering to remember and mourn the community members that have left us.

Instead of including this in a speech, I would like to arrange a small corner within the Wikimania venue where everyone can remember and mourn, similar to what we did at the Wikimedia Conference 2018.[1] The corner will be in a quieter part of the venue.

I would kindly ask you to send me, Cornelius, the relevant information (name or nickname, photo if possible, date of birth/death if possible), by August 9, 24:00 CEST, so everything can be arranged accordingly.

With such a space, we hope to both honor those that have left us, as well as give those that want to mourn a dedicated place to do so.

Best regards

Cornelius

[1] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimedia_Conference_2018_%E2%80%93_298.jpg

--
Cornelius Kibelka
Internationale Beziehungen | International Relations

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

Stellen Sie sich eine Welt vor, in der jeder Mensch an der Menge allen Wissens frei teilhaben kann. Helfen Sie uns dabei!
http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V. Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207

Re: In Memoriam at Wikimania

Mykola Kozlenko
Hi Cornelius,

Is it about Wikimedians deceased this year (after last Wikimania) or all time?

Thanks
Mykola (NickK)

2 серпня 2019, 11:34:03, від "Cornelius Kibelka" <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Hi Mykola,

ideally, everyone since August 2018, since last Wikimania.

Best regards
Cornelius

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 at 12:10, Mykola Kozlenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mardetanha-2
I was just notified one member of arwiki has passed away
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157063852790590&id=501825589
it would be great if could have his picture on the corner too.

Mardetanha

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 3:08 PM Cornelius Kibelka <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Gnangarra
Unfortunately its a list that will never stop growing, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Morethangrass passed today(10th August) in Perth, Western Australia.

On Sun, 4 Aug 2019 at 23:52, Mardetanha <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Out now: A.Gaynor, P. Newman and P. Jennings (eds.), Never Again: Reflections on Environmental Responsibility after Roe 8, UWAP, 2017.  Order here.