Infobox in the sidebar

nakohdo
I want to provide my users with some permanent information using kind of an infobox either in the sidebar or in the footer. However, the sidebar seems to render only links. The same goes for the footer AFAIU http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Footer

Any ideas or pointers how to achieve this goal are welcome!

tia
Frank

Re: Infobox in the sidebar

nakohdo
> I want to provide my users with some permanent information using kind of an
> infobox either in the sidebar or in the footer.

Come to think of it, the users only need those information when creating or editing pages (e.g. which categories are available). So something like http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Edittools might work.

the password encoding hash algorithm

Hiram Clawson
Good Afternoon MediaWiki Fans:

Can someone point me to the password hash encoding bits of
code in the MediaWiki ?   I would like to transfer my users
to a different login system and would like to make their
passwords continue to function.  If I implement the same
hash mechanism, I suspect this will work out OK.

Thanks for your assistance,

--Hiram

OQ

Re: the password encoding hash algorithm

OQ
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Hiram Clawson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Good Afternoon MediaWiki Fans:
>
> Can someone point me to the password hash encoding bits of
> code in the MediaWiki ?   I would like to transfer my users
> to a different login system and would like to make their
> passwords continue to function.  If I implement the same
> hash mechanism, I suspect this will work out OK.

User::comparePasswords

Re: the password encoding hash algorithm

Daniel Friesen-4

http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/phase3/includes/User.php?view=markup#l3868