Information about Hashed Upload Directory

Information about Hashed Upload Directory

Nanda-2
I would like to know the directory information of a given Image.

For example. This is the Image:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5a/2006_Olympics_Opening_Ceremony
.jpg

I only have this information:

Image:2006_Olympics_Opening_Ceremony.jpg

How can I get the directory structure: 5/5a?

Nanda

Re: Information about Hashed Upload Directory

Rob Church
Special:Filepath special page, an extension of Avar's. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Filepath.

Rob Church

On 12/02/06, N Jansen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to know the directory information of a given Image.
>
> For example. This is the Image:
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5a/2006_Olympics_Opening_Ceremony
> .jpg
>

> I only have this information:
>
> Image:2006_Olympics_Opening_Ceremony.jpg
>
> How can I get the directory structure: 5/5a?
>
> Nanda

RE: Information about Hashed Upload Directory

Nanda-2
Thanks, this works. But, the problem is that I would like to use a lot of
Images in another website.

>From the database the only information I can get is the name of the images:
For example:

2006_Olympics_Opening_Ceremony.jpg

Now I would like to know the directory information of the images. In this
case: 5/5a.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5a/2006_Olympics_Opening_Ceremony
.jpg

Nanda
Special:Filepath special page, an extension of Avar's. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Filepath.

Rob Church

On 12/02/06, N Jansen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to know the directory information of a given Image.
>
> For example. This is the Image:
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5a/2006_Olympics_Opening_Ce
> remony
> .jpg
>

> I only have this information:
>
> Image:2006_Olympics_Opening_Ceremony.jpg
>
> How can I get the directory structure: 5/5a?
>
> Nanda

Re: Information about Hashed Upload Directory

Rob Church
If you were to "include" the special page, with parameters, then you'd
end up including the image. Aevar's extension sends a Location header
if it finds the image.

Slapping in http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Filepath/Fitz_Roy_1.jpg
as the SRC attribute of an IMG tag gives that photo, for instance, so
usage would be quite flexible.

Just a brief note: Please *don't* use this method to include a lot of
image from Wikimedia wikis or the Commons. As it happens, Erik Moeller
and I have conversed a mite on the subject of something which *would*
allow any wiki, anywhere, to transparently use our images while
caching them locally. And in fact, I reckon this extension could be a
useful springboard for that, so I think I'll go email him now...

Rob Church

On 13/02/06, N Jansen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, this works. But, the problem is that I would like to use a lot of
> Images in another website.
>
> >From the database the only information I can get is the name of the images:
> For example:
>
> 2006_Olympics_Opening_Ceremony.jpg
>
> Now I would like to know the directory information of the images. In this
> case: 5/5a.
>
> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5a/2006_Olympics_Opening_Ceremony
> .jpg
>

> Nanda

Rob,

I only need this to include the images of my own wiki.

In the end I found in Image.php this method:

  $hash = md5($image);
                $url = $wgUploadPath.'/'.$subdir.'/' . $hash{0} . '/' .
                  substr( $hash, 0, 2 ) . '/'.$image;

This works fine.

Again, thanks for your answer,

Nanda