Inputbox: Directly create

Ingmar Heinrich-2
Hi there!

With the inputbox extension, is there a way to directly create a page
without having to submit the edit form that is displayed after
clicking inputbox's create button?

Cheers,
  Ingmar

Re: Inputbox: Directly create

Swen Wacker
Hi,

2006/10/17, Ingmar Heinrich <[hidden email]>:

> With the inputbox extension, is there a way to directly create a page
> without having to submit the edit form that is displayed after
> clicking inputbox's create button?

This will create a new article in my mediawiki without doing anything
elese. You can edit the article directly.
<inputbox>
type=create
width=24
buttonlabel=Create me!
</inputbox>

Swen

Re: Inputbox: Directly create

Ingmar Heinrich-2
> > With the inputbox extension, is there a way to directly create a page
> > without having to submit the edit form that is displayed after
> > clicking inputbox's create button?
>
> This will create a new article in my mediawiki without doing anything
> elese. You can edit the article directly.
> <inputbox>
> type=create
> width=24
> buttonlabel=Create me!
> </inputbox>

Yes, you can edit it. I want to skip that step by providing a preload
page that, in the following example, just contains {{person}}.
Clicking on "Create new person!" should end up on the rendered new
page, not its edit view.

<inputbox>
  type=create
  width=24
  buttonlabel=Create new person!
  preload=Default person
</inputbox>

Cheers,
  Ingmar

Re: Inputbox: Directly create

Ingmar Heinrich-2
> > With the inputbox extension, is there a way to directly create a page
> > without having to submit the edit form that is displayed after
> > clicking inputbox's create button?
>
> This will create a new article in my mediawiki without doing anything
> elese. You can edit the article directly.
> <inputbox>
> type=create
> width=24
> buttonlabel=Create me!
> </inputbox>

In fact, it would be even cooler if I could have not a page reference,
but plaintext preloaded, like

<inputbox>
type=create
width=24
buttonlabel=Create me!
preload_plaintext={{person]]
</inputbox>

Re: Inputbox: Directly create

Swen Wacker
Hi,

> In fact, it would be even cooler if I could have not a page reference,
> but plaintext preloaded, like
>
> <inputbox>
> type=create
> width=24
> buttonlabel=Create me!
> preload_plaintext={{person]]
> </inputbox>

This means preloading a template? This is possible. Look here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Inputbox#Preload

Re: Inputbox: Directly create

Ingmar Heinrich-2
> > In fact, it would be even cooler if I could have not a page reference,
> > but plaintext preloaded, like
> >
> > <inputbox>
> > type=create
> > width=24
> > buttonlabel=Create me!
> > preload_plaintext={{person}}
> > </inputbox>
>
> This means preloading a template? This is possible. Look here:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Inputbox#Preload

I have read that, of course. I would like to have "{{person}}"
preloaded in the page, not the content of Template:person.

Cheers,
  Ingmar

Re: Inputbox: Directly create

Chris Earle (CBL)
hmm....what you're asking would essentially mean the inputbox becomes a form
to create a wiki page ............. don't think anyone's figured that out
with this extension yet

it would open a crazy range of possiblities for forms to create content in
the wiki ...which I'm not sure is where anyone wants to go with MW
.......... too simplified.....have to get your lazy users to create / edit
the pages themselves....

--
chris

"Ingmar Heinrich" <[hidden email]>
wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Hi there!
>
> With the inputbox extension, is there a way to directly create a page
> without having to submit the edit form that is displayed after
> clicking inputbox's create button?
>
> Cheers,
>   Ingmar

Re: [Mediawiki-l] Inputbox: Preloaded Talk Page?

Sullivan, James (NIH/CIT) [C]
I'm trying to set my wiki up so that each article points people to go to
the Talk page to discuss the content, and I'd like to have content on
each article's Talk page describing the rules and a 'how to use' section
so our users can follow the same format to discuss articles.

I'm using the wonderful inputbox extension and a template to preload
text into newly created pages.  How can I have text preloaded into the
Talk page at the same time?

-Jim