Inside-IT: Tessiner Uni verleiht Jimmy Wales Ehrendoktor, akzeptiert aber weiterhin keine Wikipedia-Zitate

Inside-IT: Tessiner Uni verleiht Jimmy Wales Ehrendoktor, akzeptiert aber weiterhin keine Wikipedia-Zitate

Andreas Bürki
Dear all

FYI...
http://www.inside-it.ch/articles/36404

For my curiosity, does USI support or collaborate somehow with
wikipedia/-media CH?

cheeers,

--

Andreas Bürki

[hidden email]
S/MIME certificate - SHA1 fingerprint:
ED:A5:F3:60:70:8B:4C:16:44:18:96:AE:67:B9:CA:77:AE:DA:83:11
GnuPG - GPG fingerprint:
5DA7 5F48 25BD D2D7 E488 05DF 5A99 A321 7E42 0227

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Inside-IT: Tessiner Uni verleiht Jimmy Wales Ehrendoktor, akzeptiert aber weiterhin keine Wikipedia-Zitate

Ilario Valdelli
Dear Andreas,
there are some collaborations but Wikipedia has not so much regard in
USI as encyclopedia.

Instead there is a strong collaboration with SUPSI (University of
Applied Sciences and Arts of Italian Switzerland).

Anyway I would say that I was participating to something fruitful in the
same time in Lugano: a devoxx4kids (http://www.devoxx4kids.org/).

And probably If I had to choose between Jimbo and the Devoxx, I would
choose the Devoxx again (Jimbo is already a Wikipedian).

Regards

--
Ilario Valdelli
Wikimedia CH

Re: Inside-IT: Tessiner Uni verleiht Jimmy Wales Ehrendoktor, akzeptiert aber weiterhin keine Wikipedia-Zitate

Andreas Bürki
Dear Ilario

Am 20.05.2014 00:05, schrieb Ilario Valdelli:

<snip>

> Anyway I would say that I was participating to something fruitful in the
> same time in Lugano: a devoxx4kids (http://www.devoxx4kids.org/).

Cool. I think it's extremely important to focus on youngster and enthuse
them for programming (including F/OSS and everything open as software,
data etc.) in a playful way.

Thus, it means as well, that school teachers get more in touch with
above mentioned themes, as they are at that age of the kids in a strong
position of influence.

ch/open initiatives as

http://www.ossanschulen.ch

could become more important, if language barriers can be cleared and
coordination between the various organizations improved.

> And probably If I had to choose between Jimbo and the Devoxx, I would
> choose the Devoxx again (Jimbo is already a Wikipedian).

No doubt ;-)

Cheers,

Andreas