Quantcast

Inspire Campaign translation request

Chris "Jethro" Schilling
Hi Translators,

I'm preparing for a new Inspire Campaign focused on bringing in ideas on how we can better do outreach to outside places of knowledge, and work together with public & private institutions, organizations, and experts to improve our projects.

There are three pages I've marked up for translation that could use your help, if you're able:
Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions around language, need a clarification, or have a suggestion for the language on any of the pages for the purpose of easing translation.

Thank you so much for your hard and important work.  These translations in these campaigns help build ideas and teams from all over the world.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris "Jethro" Schilling
Community Organizer, Wikimedia Foundation

Re: Inspire Campaign translation request

Haytham Abulela ALY
Hi Chris,
Is this translation request limited to certain languages? I opened the CentralNotice banner link and it showed that Arabic was not a priority language.
Regards,

On 23 January 2017 at 14:03, Chris "Jethro" Schilling <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mathieu Stumpf Guntz

Hello Haytham  مرحبا

Regarding the topic, it would be astonishing. I didn't notice anything when I translated the CentralNotice to Esperanto, which as admittedly a far smaller audience than Arabic. I would be curious to see a screenshot with some hint which point what you are reporting.

مع أطيب التحيات

Le 24/01/2017 à 08:15, Haytham Abulela ALY a écrit :
[...]

By the way, https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab is marked as 100% translated for several languages but when you look at it, it no longer is up-to-date with the English version. I guess that the problem is that many content is in some transcluded pages.

We have groups for IdeaLab and IEG, but I'm not aware of a way to directly translate all string which are used on a single page, included transcluded ones. Is there any convenient way to do it, that is with a better method than crawling the wikicode to find each template used and check for string there?

If there is not already a phabricator ticket aboout it, I think that we should fill one about the translation rate which doesn't take transcluded pages into account.

Le 24/01/2017 à 09:52, Chris "Jethro" Schilling a écrit :
[...]

​Hi Mathieu,
​I tried translating the CentralNotice Banner again now and the following message was shown

​Nonetheless, I can translate and save.

On 24 January 2017 at 02:46, mathieu stumpf guntz <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Ok, Haytham thank you for your feedback with the screenshot. That's rather strange, but at least you are not blocked. This remind that I wasn't able to update "Workflow states" messages, I got the following message :

Saving the translation failed: This page provides interface text for the software on this wiki, and is protected to prevent abuse. To add or change translations for all wikis, please use [https://translatewiki.net/ translatewiki.net], the MediaWiki localisation project.

Well, it does provide an expected way to fix the problem, but a direct link would be even better. :)

Le 24/01/2017 à 13:43, Haytham Abulela ALY a écrit :
[...]

The more complex a system becomes, the more difficult to manage it becomes.

wrote:

[...]

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Inspire Campaign translation request

Vira Motorko
Could someone please aprove uk translation? I see baner very often but in en, which is a bit sad.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-inspire_knowledge&filter=&language=uk&action=translate

--
Vira Motorko
project manager, Wikimedia Ukraine non-profit organisation

Are you saving your documents in free formats? ;)
Help save natural resources – please think twice before printing this e-mail or any attachments.

[...]

Stryn@Wikimedia
Done.

Regards,
Stryn

5.2.2017 18.07 "Vira Motorko" <[hidden email]> kirjoitti:
Could someone please aprove uk translation? I see baner very often but in en, which is a bit sad.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-inspire_knowledge&filter=&language=uk&action=translate

--
Vira Motorko
project manager, Wikimedia Ukraine non-profit organisation
m: <a href="tel:+380%2066%20774%200499" value="+380667740499" target="_blank">+380667740499 | f: vira.motorko | w: Ата