Installed SMW but no special pages

Jeremi Plazas
Hi there,

I’ve just installed SMW via composer onto a new wiki…
added the enableSemantics() call just for the heck of it…
But i get no special pages on SMW, no “Special:SMWAdmin”, no
“Special:Browse”, and properties don’t work.
Though it is listed in Special:Version…

Any clues?

Jeremi Plazas
Assistant Director of Research
Tsadra Research Center, Boulder CO
Tsadra Foundation <http://www.tsadra.org/> / [hidden email]
*Advancing the Combined Study and Practice of Tibetan Buddhism in the West.*

Re: Installed SMW but no special pages

kghbln
Hi Jeremi,

I suspect that you are on the MW 1.26 branch. I experience the same
issue but I think that's a MW bug of some kind causing it. Since
<sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org> is running allrighty on the release
candidate of the upcoming MW 1.27 branch it must somehow been fixed
along the way. So I will upgrade to this branch in two weeks after the
first release to it was done.

Note that ConfirmAccount, Lockdown and SemanticSignup are still broken
for this branch. So if you need one of them patience is needed.

Cheers Karsten

Am 15.06.2016 um 20:22 schrieb Jeremi Plazas:

> Hi there,
>
> I’ve just installed SMW via composer onto a new wiki…
> added the enableSemantics() call just for the heck of it…
> But i get no special pages on SMW, no “Special:SMWAdmin”, no
> “Special:Browse”, and properties don’t work.
> Though it is listed in Special:Version…
>
> Any clues?
>

> Jeremi Plazas
> Assistant Director of Research
> Tsadra Research Center, Boulder CO
> Tsadra Foundation <http://www.tsadra.org/> / [hidden email]
> *Advancing the Combined Study and Practice of Tibetan Buddhism in the West.*

Re: Installed SMW but no special pages

Mark A. Hershberger-4

kghbln writes:
> Note that ConfirmAccount, Lockdown and SemanticSignup are still broken
> for this branch. So if you need one of them patience is needed.

Since I'm not on the release team right now, I haven't been paying
attention to these issues. But I have to ask:

Are these issues tracked in Phabricator?  Could you post the link?

--
Mark A. Hershberger
NicheWork LLC

Re: Installed SMW but no special pages

kghbln
Heiya Mark,

yes they are and sure I may post the links:

* Lockdown [0]
* ConfirmAccount [1]
* SemanticSignup [2], [3]

Cheers Karsten

[3] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticSignup/issues/29

Am 18.06.2016 um 19:17 schrieb Mark A. Hershberger:

> kghbln writes:
>> Note that ConfirmAccount, Lockdown and SemanticSignup are still broken
>> for this branch. So if you need one of them patience is needed.
>
> Since I'm not on the release team right now, I haven't been paying
> attention to these issues. But I have to ask:
>
> Are these issues tracked in Phabricator?  Could you post the link?

Re: Installed SMW but no special pages

jongfeli
Hello Karsten,

Some time ago we had the same problem of not having SMW on the Special:SpecialPages  when trying to update to MW-1.26.3, like Jeremi describes. I did not investigate any further and the wiki update never happened.

Now we are in the process of updating our wiki (for real) and I notices that Semantic MediaWiki is on the special pages again, strange. After reading this mailing and some investigation it seems that enabling ConfirmEdit  causes Semantic MediaWiki to disappear from the special pages. I am not sure if ConfirmEdit is the cause of all this but when you disable ConfirmEdit everything works just fine.

I pulled ConfirmEdit master from git but SMW still breaks. Only when you disable ConfirmEdit everything starts working.

I tested this on a windows server running PHP 7.0.7 and Ubuntu 16.04 with PHP 7.0.4

Regards,

Felipe.

Re: Installed SMW but no special pages

buggy82
@Felipe: I can confirm. Deactivating ConfirmEdit get SMW Special Pages back.

Debian 8.5 PHP 7.0.7 MW 1.26.3

Re: Installed SMW but no special pages

docbuchanan
Can also confirm that it's the ConfirmEdit extension that makes those pages disappear.  Just wrestled with this for 4 hours after updating MW